Ben Chilwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
A really good young player who fits the profile of our club perfectly. Technically good, good range of passing and can cross a ball.

It would be great to have the best young English players at city.

Delph will be most likely sold. Will have year left on his deal in summer.

So no one need to drop out

If we sign him, then one of Sterling, Walker, Mendy or Stones would have to be left out of the squad list.
No they wouldn't. It's a minimum of 4 association trained players, not a maximum. If anything, signing chilwell would free up room for manoeuvre elsewhere in the squad.

No they wouldn't. It's a minimum of 4 association trained players, not a maximum. If anything, signing chilwell would free up room for manoeuvre elsewhere in the squad.

I thought the same thing so I just googled it.

Who can be on List A?
A maximum of 25 players, two of whom must be goalkeepers. There are a minimum of eight places reserved exclusively for 'locally trained players'. If a club have fewer than eight locally trained players in their squad, then the maximum number of players on List A is reduced accordingly.

What's a 'locally trained player'?
There are two categories:
1. Club-trained players – players who were on a club's books for three years between the ages of 15 and 21;
2. Association-trained players – players who were on another club's books in the same association for three years between the ages of 15 and 21. No club can have more than four association-trained players among their eight nominees on List A.

I thought the same thing so I just googled it.

Who can be on List A?
A maximum of 25 players, two of whom must be goalkeepers. There are a minimum of eight places reserved exclusively for 'locally trained players'. If a club have fewer than eight locally trained players in their squad, then the maximum number of players on List A is reduced accordingly.

What's a 'locally trained player'?
There are two categories:
1. Club-trained players – players who were on a club's books for three years between the ages of 15 and 21;
2. Association-trained players – players who were on another club's books in the same association for three years between the ages of 15 and 21. No club can have more than four association-trained players among their eight nominees on List A.
Ok so we have to have 4 club trained players and then at least 4 England trained players. So getting another England trained player wouldn't make much difference. The 4 club presumably foden, muric, Diaz (for now) and who - Bolton?

Ok so we have to have 4 club trained players and then at least 4 England trained players. So getting another England trained player wouldn't make much difference. The 4 club presumably foden, muric, Diaz (for now) and who - Bolton?

That's not how I'm reading it. I see it as saying max. 4 association trained and that's how many we have now. Not sure if I'm reading it wrong as it makes no sense to me.

This could well happen, good young player and a quality alternative to Mendy. Doesn't compare to Benjamin going forward or physically but is probably better defensively and less injury prone. Price will probably be ridiculous though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.