2019 Summer Window - Whom do we Need ? - Whom will we Sign?

Gundogan is a very good player and you are right the 2 Silva`s are keeping Foden out, but there is no pace in his game which shows in our possession % , the central spine of City from Aguero to Ederson lacks pace Leicester Palace and Liverpool in previous years exploited this and in this position Gundogan is the weakest link
He doesn't need pace, his game is to control the game from deeper with his passing and make runs into the box to score a goal when the opportunity comes. Honestly, none of our midfielders have pace so I'm not sure what you mean here, David is pretty slow, agile and graceful as fuck, but still fairly slow.

Already a better all round striker yet lacks something??? Contradicting yourself there. Don’t worry though suggesting Jesus is better than Aguero in itself signposted you as a wrong un

Runs the channels better, fits the system better, link up play is better, goals record is similar.
The rest he will gain with experience and age. Aguero didn’t have the guile and explosiveness he has now when he was 21.
It’s a perfectly understandable point, for most.

Think you need a dictionary. If you think I contradicted myself.

Love GJ and think he's the best possible replacement for Aguero, but the bolded statement is ridiculous. He's not even close. At 21 Ronaldo was widely acclaimed as world's best player.

Ronaldo's debut at Barca (19 yo):

had to do a couple of retakes Mourinho on the coaching bench and pep on the field

I think the defensive role Fern offers is the bit which City will need to replace & is the bit which is difficult.

Pep would easily find somebody to jog around knocking passes about, but finding someone who can do the other side of the job, combined with football talent, is not going to be easy.

It's an interesting idea you have & something I wondered myself when we were continually linked with De Ligt, as we really don't need a young cb at this stage.

Glad someone shares the same sentiments. I just want to make a reference to the Arsenal match over the weekend. This was when DInho was played in a pseudo-CB role, where he steps out to midfield in possession and retracts back when in defensive phase. As with Pep, this may be just experimental. But with De Ligt, this can actually be a more permanent tactical solution, coupled with the 3-5-2. There is certainly a way to fit in all of Laporte, Stones and De Ligt together. Just a thought.

I also notice alot of calls for a LB cover/replacement in the summer. I will agree this is also a priority one situation. In all honesty, I have not been entirely impressed by Ben Chilwell's overall package of skills, whenever I have the chance to catch Leicester in action. But this smells alot like a Kyle Walker situation. There were skepticism at first when the price quoted for Walker was revealed. HG status aside, Walker was not as impressive before showing up at City. He was even out of the starting XI entirely during his last few months at Spurs. Although this is more entirely down to a falling out with the coach than performances. But as it turned out, all Walker needed was a coach with a better plan for him and better coaching to bring him to the next level. Chilwell will probably be a similar case.

Onwards, a name that springs to my mind is Kieran Tierney. Tierney is actually a player heavily chased by the red side over the last few windows. Probably has never been linked to City, as far as I can remember. I have not watched the SPL enough to make the most sound judgment call. So, I hope I can rely on the expertise of many here to make an opinion on this. As far as I know, Tierney has played CB before as well. This likely points to a better understanding of tactics. Under Brendan Rodgers, Tierney plays a similar brand of a more tactically-intensive style of football, albeit at a lower grade [no disrespect to the SPL]. The way he strikes a ball is similar to Mendy. He is also probably ahead of Chilwell in terms of CL and national experience. Though they are both similar in age. I will point to Tierney as a more sensible approach for a LB option.

You don't seem to understand what I said, or the situation we have constantly found ourselves in.

Gundogan can occasionally play as the defensive midfielder, unlike Kevin, but he can also play next to Dinho as can Kevin. Also, Kevin has been injured for so much of the season, who plays next to Dinho if Kevin is injured? Foden you say, your asking Foden to play deeper because Foden would have to be playing with the Silvas as well, something has to give that isn't ideal.

Also, barring Foden, Pep played all of our midfielders in the last game; 2x Silvas, Kevin, Dinho and Gundogan all played. Pep wanted more midfielder to control the game I suppose, now your asking him to get rid of one of his midfielders, when he played almost all of them.

You have bias towards Gundogan, he is valuable to the team. I'm sorry you are wrong.

I don’t rate Gundogan. He’s ‘ok’ imo nothing more. I acknowledged he does have the occasional blinder but so do lots of players.

I want to see Foden a lot more. The kid had to play to improve. With the right education he’ll be 3x the player Gundogan is.

It isn’t that hard to grasp mate.

I also notice alot of calls for a LB cover/replacement in the summer. I will agree this is also a priority one situation. In all honesty, I have not been entirely impressed by Ben Chilwell's overall package of skills, whenever I have the chance to catch Leicester in action. But this smells alot like a Kyle Walker situation. There were skepticism at first when the price quoted for Walker was revealed. HG status aside, Walker was not as impressive before showing up at City. He was even out of the starting XI entirely during his last few months at Spurs. Although this is more entirely down to a falling out with the coach than performances. But as it turned out, all Walker needed was a coach with a better plan for him and better coaching to bring him to the next level. Chilwell will probably be a similar case.

Onwards, a name that springs to my mind is Kieran Tierney. Tierney is actually a player heavily chased by the red side over the last few windows. Probably has never been linked to City, as far as I can remember. I have not watched the SPL enough to make the most sound judgment call. So, I hope I can rely on the expertise of many here to make an opinion on this. As far as I know, Tierney has played CB before as well. This likely points to a better understanding of tactics. Under Brendan Rodgers, Tierney plays a similar brand of a more tactically-intensive style of football, albeit at a lower grade [no disrespect to the SPL]. The way he strikes a ball is similar to Mendy. He is also probably ahead of Chilwell in terms of CL and national experience. Though they are both similar in age. I will point to Tierney as a more sensible approach for a LB option.
Also a fan of Tierney. He, to my non-scout eye, is faster than Chilwell. He's got good positional sense too. And yes, he's played some center back for Scotland so they can have he and Robertson on the pitch together. To his credit, the lad said he doesn't mind playing wherever his manager wants him to play.

He and young master Roberts are supposedly best mates. If Roberts could get a spot in our first team it might draw Tierney to want to join him here.

He doesn't need pace, his game is to control the game from deeper with his passing and make runs into the box to score a goal when the opportunity comes. Honestly, none of our midfielders have pace so I'm not sure what you mean here, David is pretty slow, agile and graceful as fuck, but still fairly slow.
he does need pace for the reason you pointed out, no one who plays centrally in the squad has, most did but time has caught up with them part of Pep`s tactics is owning the space. And we all know what happened with Javi Garcia a top quality player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.