Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure now but certainly was the case in 2004. Never missed a home game and did 80% of the aways. Had over 2000 points which was a lot at the time. Ended up with around 670 points!
Im also still bitter that the clubs defintion of a like for like seat, moved me from two thirds of the way up the main stand, 25 yards out, to 14 rows from the front of level 1 about 3 yards behind the goal line! Cost me an extra £100 on top of the £400 to end up where I should have been in the first place.
Anyway, I digress.
Like for like, I know what you mean
I got moved from block 127 Row BB, so near the half way line at the back, to row 3 in 128, in the rain in the penalty box!

Loyalty is and always had been a one way concept with the club.
After holding a season ticket for 23 years, I had to give it up due to a combination of work/financial and health reasons. I opted for the citycard option, with a view to retaining my points, and ultimately getting my season ticket back when my circumstances changed.
The reward for my historical loyalty - a reduction in my loyalty points by over half.
One of my daughters gave her season card up due to going to Uni 6 yrs ago.She has kept a citizens card since but not lost any of her points. Might be worth contacting the club

I E mailed the club yesterday re it saying non attendance for the home Burnley cup game on my account. They replied within 6 minutes to say there was no issue & the points had been added for my attendance & the turnstile entry had clarified this.

There’s probably little point in getting too annoyed in whether or not your able to get to away games that aren’t midweek anymore.

Champions league or European competition is highly likely to be played over the weekends in the not too distant future. Wonder what impact that’ll have on our away following. Bigger grounds so more tickets available but I imagine it’ll be pricy.

According to my Evertonian mate, they have a rolling 2 year period for loyalty points (they call them tokens).

It might guarantee a younger away following, but ironically, he didn't qualify for a Watford ticket, because he'd missed a couple of recent games, and had subsequently fallen down the pecking order.
Determined to still attend, he'd arranged to meet a mate of a mate of a mate, at the Dixie Dean statue, before the game on Wednesday evening.
Presumably, they're called "Token Whores" on Merseyside, because thanks to this mysterious character, my mate is currently at Vicarage Road.

Last edited:
Not really, currently 5% for Euro aways as opposed to around 3,000 for most PL games. Even a 60k stadium for the CL would only mean a 3,000 allocation.

Think that they’d probably be far less demand from your traditional support though, meaning the allocation would stretch further down the ladder.

More domestic games would also be pushed midweek so again tickets will probably go further down the ladder
According to my Evertonian mate, they have a rolling 2 year period for loyalty points (they call them tokens).

It might guarantee a younger away following, but ironically, he didn't qualify for a Watford ticket, because he'd missed a couple of recent games, and had subsequently fallen down the pecking order.
Determined to still attend, he'd arranged to meet a mate of a mate of a mate, at the Dixie Dean statue, before the game on Wednesday evening.
Presumably, they're called "Token Whores" on Merseyside, because thanks to this mysterious character, my mate is currently at Vicarage Road.

Think they’re called token ho’s.

There’s probably little point in getting too annoyed in whether or not your able to get to away games that aren’t midweek anymore.

Champions league or European competition is highly likely to be played over the weekends in the not too distant future. Wonder what impact that’ll have on our away following. Bigger grounds so more tickets available but I imagine it’ll be pricy.
Is this true? Where is the source? It probably makes sense in terms of travel and work etc...but doesn't alter the fact that UK railway network shuts down at 2130...so more premier midweek games..more transport problems

Is this true? Where is the source? It probably makes sense in terms of travel and work etc...but doesn't alter the fact that UK railway network shuts down at 2130...so more premier midweek games..more transport problems
there wont be any premier league games for the likes of us, united and the scouse ****s. there will be a euro league, which will mean less games or play each other 4 times, and a domestic prem. knowing how greedy some top clubs are and how bent UEFA is my guess there will be no relegation or promotion. the closed shop they have so vigorously have strived for will have arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.