Away tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this true? Where is the source? It probably makes sense in terms of travel and work etc...but doesn't alter the fact that UK railway network shuts down at 2130...so more premier midweek games..more transport problems

I heard an interview with the Barcelona president (or whoever) on a bbc football podcast and he alluded to big clubs across Europe agreeing to a new format of European competition that’ll be played over the weekends. He sounded convinced that it’s going to happen pretty soon. 16 or 18 team league.

Apparently the premier league clubs who are involved already know their involved but are scared of announcing anything. Whether that means that the likes of real, Barca, Munich, Milan etc have already told their supporters or not I don’t know.

Either way it seems highly likely that city playing on a Saturday night, 8pm kick off against another big boy of European football will become the norm.

How will that affect the traditional support?

I heard an interview with the Barcelona president (or whoever) on a bbc football podcast and he alluded to big clubs across Europe agreeing to a new format of European competition that’ll be played over the weekends. He sounded convinced that it’s going to happen pretty soon. 16 or 18 team league.

Apparently the premier league clubs who are involved already know their involved but are scared of announcing anything. Whether that means that the likes of real, Barca, Munich, Milan etc have already told their supporters or not I don’t know.

Either way it seems highly likely that city playing on a Saturday night, 8pm kick off against another big boy of European football will become the norm.

We will play the league game at 3, and fans will stay on for the night match.

Well as someone who has been a regular match goer since 1962-63 season I would stop going if we were part of this European league. I also reckon that after the initial surge of enthusiasm people would soon get bored of it too.

thankyou..this is very interesting...champions league at weekend probably has some (i said some!!) merits...a complete new euro league will not !!

there wont be any premier league games for the likes of us, united and the scouse ****s. there will be a euro league, which will mean less games or play each other 4 times, and a domestic prem. knowing how greedy some top clubs are and how bent UEFA is my guess there will be no relegation or promotion. the closed shop they have so vigorously have strived for will have arrived.
Time to pack it all in

Feel sorry for the younger generations who are football fans. At least we've seen the good and bad and had the joy of standing on the Kippax. If this Euro Bollocks League kicks off then it's game over for football. Why do they (the administrators) think this is what the fans want?

Feel sorry for the younger generations who are football fans. At least we've seen the good and bad and had the joy of standing on the Kippax. If this Euro Bollocks League kicks off then it's game over for football. Why do they (the administrators) think this is what the fans want?
It’s what the people who make money want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.