Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The flip-side of that is fill it with circa £300 - £700 season tickets and we'd have regular crowds of 63,000 which would be the 2nd highest in England and one of the biggest crowds in Europe.

Against Rotherham and Burnley we got huge crowds from what looked like non-seasoncard holders to me i.e. new fans.

But then I suppose they will say we are not a big club because our match day revenue lower than the big clubs

But then I suppose they will say we are not a big club because our match day revenue lower than the big clubs
I am not interested in match-day revenue that comes from pricing out a lot of our supporters. It would change the character of the club.

I am not interested in match-day revenue that comes from pricing out a lot of our supporters. It would change the character of the club.

But the media were in a thread a couple or three days ago when citing us as also rans behind half a dozen clubs that charge thousands for season tickets.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to mention, off the top of my head, SIX against the Rags, FIVE against Spuds, twice, and 3 v Arsenal, all away matches to go along with the SIX yesterday and the FIVE in Liverpool`s net which you started with. Yes, 3 against Cherries at home and relegation fodder Fulham, are really headline grabbing results !!!
I only went back as far as 2016/17! The coverage we get is truly bizarre. I honestly can't recall a single United or Liverpool victory where the post-match focus has become the failure of their opponents. There has been a hell of a lot of praise for our team today but it is mostly accompanied by caveats.

I didn't think much about biased commentary until i started watching the match from foreign broadcasters.
My main viewing was via Sky and BT before i bought a large movable sat dish. This meant more options, but to a large extent foreign commentary.
Although a great laugh with the excitement in the foreign voices, not what i was looking for. Now with the introduction of high quality IPTV, there are now many english speaking options.
You don't realise it at first, but it is the lack of sly digs and money comments that first impress. Then you start to notice the positive comments.
You don't mind the criticisms if they are honest and unbiased. Then you switch back to SKY and BT. It hits you in the face. The tired and well worn sound bites. The references to money spent when playing lower opposition for example.
Foreign broadcasters love us. We are playing dream football and they appreciate that. They are not hung up on who "used" to be good.

But the media were in a thread a couple or three days ago when citing us as also rans behind half a dozen clubs that charge thousands for season tickets.
I am sure that's true, but I am not interested in proving them wrong.

Imagine the outcry if City doubled everyone's season tickets prices. If they got up by 3%, people kick off

Spurs had 25,000 at their game a couple of weeks ago not a mumour,they bang on about our seats every home game,he had no need to go there whatever else he said today
No I said "what else did Dunn say".He was very complimentary about us and made more positives comments about City,than he did with negative reporting about Chelsea.The note about the seats was nothing more than go and watch this marvellous team in the flesh if you get the opportunity.

No I said "what else did Dunn say".He was very complimentary about us and made more positives comments about City,than he did with negative reporting about Chelsea.The note about the seats was nothing more than go and watch this marvellous team in the flesh if you get the opportunity.
I can only go with what he writes in the paper as thats where i read,his post match report mentions empty seats,it shows how ingrained that narrative is in them

I do not believe that anyone who calls themselves a fan sits with the telly on mute when City are on. That’s utterly insane.

My Sony Tv has a "football" button which increases the crowd noises and lowers the commentary , which is ideal when spit the dog and Tyler are in full flow , and ive supported the club for fifty odd years and consider myself a fan , possibly just a fairweather fan nowadays as most of the away games are a bit of bind with all the ailments that come with being an old git :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.