This brawl at the races

The last time that I went to Haydock was a friday night meet, convinced the wife it would be a good night out and we could find a pub after etc on the way home.( plus I get my fix of horse racing/gambling). After about four races the crowd, probably made up of stag parties etc got so rowdy that I suggested we leave early as it wasnt the kind of place you would want your missus to be. The main problem as I see it is that the race tracks cater for stag dos etc and thats where the excess drinking happens, then they spill into the normal crowd pissed up and looking for trouble. So its more a consequence of the race track condoning large crowds of drunken revellers on race days to make up the numbers/income for that meeting. I often go to Bangor on Dee where its lots more laid back and the racegoers have gone to watch/bet rather than to get pissed up. So that guy blaming footy fans is bang out of order.

I must have lived a sheltered life because I have never seen coke or seen anyone else take it.

Seriously ? A few years ago I watched three lads kneel down on the floor at the Etihad and do a line each, straight off the concrete ! it is always happening in the bogs/bars/insert area here at City aways.

I was there and watched it from a balcony from start to finish.
Two gangs of scousers. Around 20 people tops (forget the news headlines of 50 etc).
Al pissed up. Carried on outside where they damaged and smashed a few cars in the car park.

Scousers involved in violence at a sporting event?

This has never, ever happened before so I just don’t believe you.

Seriously ? A few years ago I watched three lads kneel down on the floor at the Etihad and do a line each, straight off the concrete ! it is always happening in the bogs/bars/insert area here at City aways.

Genuinely I haven't and I have been about a bit really, maybe I just don't take the slightest notice about what goes on around me. I have seen spice heads in Manchester just stood still with their heads down but that's about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.