This brawl at the races

The last time that I went to Haydock was a friday night meet, convinced the wife it would be a good night out and we could find a pub after etc on the way home.( plus I get my fix of horse racing/gambling). After about four races the crowd, probably made up of stag parties etc got so rowdy that I suggested we leave early as it wasnt the kind of place you would want your missus to be. The main problem as I see it is that the race tracks cater for stag dos etc and thats where the excess drinking happens, then they spill into the normal crowd pissed up and looking for trouble. So its more a consequence of the race track condoning large crowds of drunken revellers on race days to make up the numbers/income for that meeting. I often go to Bangor on Dee where its lots more laid back and the racegoers have gone to watch/bet rather than to get pissed up. So that guy blaming footy fans is bang out of order.

Me and the Mrs went to Bangor races a few years back,Jesus we were the poshest ones there,dress wise,next if there is a next time,I'll go like the rest of them there,wellies and shitten up farmers clothes

Me and the Mrs went to Bangor races a few years back,Jesus we were the poshest ones there,dress wise,next if there is a next time,I'll go like the rest of them there,wellies and shitten up farmers clothes
Exactly my point mate.you dont go to Bangor to be posh,or to get pissed. You go to see the racing/have a bet in an informal atmosphere, going to a corporate bash at Ascot or York sounds more like your cup of tea.

Exactly my point mate.you dont go to Bangor to be posh,or to get pissed. You go to see the racing/have a bet in an informal atmosphere, going to a corporate bash at Ascot or York sounds more like your cup of tea.

No not at all,hate the posh race goers,but it don't hurt to look a little respectable at a day at the races,mind you it was in a farmers field that place,and I#ll certainly know next time,was ok though must admit !

No not at all,hate the posh race goers,but it don't hurt to look a little respectable at a day at the races,mind you it was in a farmers field that place,and I#ll certainly know next time,was ok though must admit !
No probs mate,I probably sounded like I was defending the shit kickers, not at all but I am fond of the place as its friendly and laid back and your personal dress code is your own business.Any way, good luck with your betting and remember to keep it fun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.