FIFA Open a NEW investigation into City (and Chelsea) - Chelsea get transfer ban

Which was blown away by the Chelsea ruling
Edit - sorry Karen I see this has already been stated.
I don't see a successful appeal for either of us
It is a second offence for Chelsea though, even if there first was thrown out by CAS. Another thing is I can see FIFA leaving this until after the summer as they're on questionable ground denying a realistic appeal until the punishment has been served.

It is a second offence for Chelsea though, even if there first was thrown out by CAS. Another thing is I can see FIFA leaving this until after the summer as they're on questionable ground denying a realistic appeal until the punishment has been served.
Which means the 1st offence doesn't count, right?

Which means the 1st offence doesn't count, right?
If you look at it rationally yes. We're dealing with footballing authorities though and there's a clear disconnect between their view of the world and the likes of CAS and even the LOTL.

Have to agree with that. Our main DM is almost 34, our right back cannot pass the ball and our only cover for LB position is a midfielder, as the club's only genuine LB is a crocked clown.

Besides, you need to keep the squad fresh and improve its overall quality every season.

It's extremely delusive to think the ban wouldn't hit us hard.

Kyke Walker likes your post.

Which was blown away by the Chelsea ruling
Edit - sorry Karen I see this has already been stated.
I don't see a successful appeal for either of us
They can't do one thing to the spainish clubs but change it for us,aren't the chavs appealing it through a higher body? we must be able to keep appealing so it get's pushed past the summer?

Hopefully City can resist (assuming the ban is true) to allow us to spend next summer but even then first choice targets may not be signed.
History shows it is hard to stand still no matter how good you are so given we only spent heavily on Mahrez in the last 2 windows - if we can’t spend againthen others will undoubtedly become stronger and we may have to lower our expectations a little. Also, some legends ageing now.
Bet Pep might actually enjoy the challenge?

Hopefully City can resist (assuming the ban is true) to allow us to spend next summer but even then first choice targets may not be signed.
History shows it is hard to stand still no matter how good you are so given we only spent heavily on Mahrez in the last 2 windows - if we can’t spend againthen others will undoubtedly become stronger and we may have to lower our expectations a little. Also, some legends ageing now.
Bet Pep might actually enjoy the challenge?
I suppose a treble ain't too bad

Reactions: SVP
They can't do one thing to the spainish clubs but change it for us,aren't the chavs appealing it through a higher body? we must be able to keep appealing so it get's pushed past the summer?
They have done it to Chelsea as far as I know there is no one they can appeal to until after their FIFA appeal. What I dont get is what FIFA are thinking. If the ban is overturned but the punishment has already been served, they would have to compensate Chelsea it could cost them millions. The only way would be if FIFA fast tracked appeals to be done before the window opens

They have done it to Chelsea as far as I know there is no one they can appeal to until after their FIFA appeal. What I dont get is what FIFA are thinking. If the ban is overturned but the punishment has already been served, they would have to compensate Chelsea it could cost them millions. The only way would be if FIFA fast tracked appeals to be done before the window opens
@aguero93:20 knows more about this than me,he mentions CAS,is that a higher body to appeal to?

@aguero93:20 knows more about this than me,he mentions CAS,is that a higher body to appeal to?
It's not about having a higher body than CAS, it's that Chelsea are in the middle of an appeal to FIFA's joke of an appeals committee and can't avail of CAS until they've exhausted FIFA avenues, while FIFA may try to drag their feet until after the summer window.

As for CAS they're the highest sporting body but if you feel that a FIFA+CAS appeal is infringing on your rights in your resident jurisdiction (so for City right now it's UK or EU, by the time anything happens UK only) you can always go to the civil courts and sue for illegal restriction. Win and the sporting bodies are forced to change, see the Bosman case, where CAS were powerless to act but the ECJ forced FIFA and all the continental bodies to change their rules. Laws of the Land always have precedence over sporting or sector regulations.

@gordondaviesmoustache might correct parts of this, financial law (ROI and EU) is the only part I can claim any expertise in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.