VAR (PL introduction 2019)

I think the major problem is they should have put the investment into trialling it in lower leagues, refining it and getting it better. Instead they chose to trial it in the top flight on TV in full view of the world thus amplifying the teething problems they are having.

It was a success at the World Cup

Is the VAR bloke a qualified premier league ref? Serious question, I have no idea who it is.
At Wembley it was Martin Atkinson! Not sure for other games, but they put it up on the screen before the game started.

why the hell isnt the clock stopped when it goes to VAR.... it’s a joke they keep the clock running! That’s another thing that refs can manipulate if they want too.....

Of topic abit but how can your run a competition where matches are played under different rules. Example if City were at home home yesterday we might not have gone through !. As it was we were away at a non VAR ground and went through.
If VAR is brought into the fa cup next season it will be interesting how non league club get on installing it.

I didn't realise that VAR would be used for red cards. Not sure I like that.
The whole thing reeks and we are supposed to welcome it like a shiny new, much awaited toy. Unfortunately, many unquestioning lemmings have fallen for it. It should only ever be implemented for the factuals like offsides and goal lines. Anything human and therefore subjective - stick with the officials, at least they are visible and subject to some level of scrutiny.

Last edited:
The whole thing reeks and we are supposed to welcome it like a shiny new much awaited toy. Unfortunately many unquestioning lemmings have fallen for it. It should only ever be implemented for the factuals like offsides and goal lines. Anything human and therefore subjective - stick with the officials.

Agreed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.