Sergio's penalty (Swansea QF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario and Yaya were more reliable than Aguero. I propose that Eddie takes them. Could take out the keeper with his power!

A number of law changes have been approved by the International Football Association Board (IFAB) at its 2019 AGM this month, but false/misinformed reporting of the details have caused a degree of confusion in the immediate aftermath.

Stopping play after a penalty is saved to prevent goals being scored on the rebound was one of the ideas that had been up for discussion in recent months. It wasn't on the agenda at the AGM having been dropped some time ago, but influential media outlets like Sky Sports and Marca both wrongly reported that it was part of the updates, leading to the spread of false information.

People were subsequently commenting about this non-existent penalty rule on social media, while it also spawned content on popular blogs and other websites - Liverpool fansite 'Empire of the Kop' produced an article off the back of the 'news' and shared it to its 1.84m Twitter followers.

Only quickly read them , but under new laws, I think it says one of goalkeepers feet need to be on the goaline as penalty is taken.
If this is the case(and enforced), most penalties will be scored.
It is the act of keepers being a couple of yards from the line that makes it easier to aave them.

Only quickly read them , but under new laws, I think it says one of goalkeepers feet need to be on the goaline as penalty is taken.
If this is the case(and enforced), most penalties will be scored.
It is the act of keepers being a couple of yards from the line that makes it easier to aave them.

They're meant to be on the line currently. This is an easing of restrictions, not adding to them.

The only rule that needs changing is allowing players to stop and start on their run up. It should have to be all one motion with no hesitation.

They're meant to be on the line currently. This is an easing of restrictions, not adding to them.

You may not have seen the bit where I wrote (If enforced). I haven't seen a keeper with two feet on the line as the kick is taken for a long time, have you.?
With var, they should, if they are going to play to the laws of the game be able to check this, as they will be checking goals for rule infringements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.