Saúl Ñíguez

He has everything you need really to play the position. He's very mobile, good defender, has a bit of the Simeone shit-housery, is excellent at bringing the ball forwards, copes with pressing well, and can make some nice box-to-box runs, has an eye for a pass. Probably chips in 10 goals a season too.

Also has a ridiculous amount of experience for a 24 year old, and a habit of delivering in big games as well.

The one thing he doesn't seem to have is that Jorginho-style setting the pace of the game ability, but I think that can be taught.

I hope to god that if we do sign him that he doesn't have any of the Jorginho styles whatsoever. He's been awful this season.

For that price, yes fucking please. He may not play the same position in Madrid, but in Simeone's system I have to think Pep can utilize his defensive strengths when needed, and it's not like Fernandinho was a true holding midfielder at Shakhtar. Even with Pellegrini he played alongside Yaya.

Not saying I fully believe the reports, but this would be an excellent signing if true.
You're being a little unclear there mate. He was an attacking mid full stop at Shakhtar. His transformation has been unreal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.