Why we will win the league!

I might get shit for this but for KDB should be used as a sub for most games, he’s nowhere near last season and Bernardo for me starts before him in the middle, bring KDB on if we are absolutely desperate and tiredness has set in, but for me the team is firing in all cylinders, Fernandinho starts ahead of gundogan and stones instead of Otamendi apart from that team pretty much picks itself.
Fair point about KDB but one could argue that Ota has been excellent while Stonesy has been out. Such decisions highlights what a fantastic set of players we have.

Fair point about KDB but one could argue that Ota has been excellent while Stonesy has been out. Such decisions highlights what a fantastic set of players we have.
I knew that would be raised, but I just feel Stones has less mistakes in him and a bit more speed at the back.

I might get shit for this but for KDB should be used as a sub for most games, he’s nowhere near last season and Bernardo for me starts before him in the middle, bring KDB on if we are absolutely desperate and tiredness has set in, but for me the team is firing in all cylinders, Fernandinho starts ahead of gundogan and stones instead of Otamendi apart from that team pretty much picks itself.
I thought KDB was approaching his best just before he got injured. We can't possibly play the same 11 anyway game after game. We need a healthy fit confident squad.

I thought KDB was approaching his best just before he got injured. We can't possibly play the same 11 anyway game after game. We need a healthy fit confident squad.
Yep understand that but I just think he doesn’t make at the moment our strongest starting 11

Yep understand that but I just think he doesn’t make at the moment our strongest starting 11

Based on this season's form, you could argue that: Kompany, Otamendi, Mendy, Gundogan, KDB, Mahrez and Jesus don't make our strongest starting 11. 2 or 3 of those would walk into the other 5 'big 6' starting line ups.

That might be true for the last few games but City are on a run of 19 wins in 20 matches (all comps) and in that time we've scored 67 goals.
Scary run of form. Even more impressive when you think we've had to deal with a huge fixture pileup and most of our key players having an injury over that period.

--------------Ederson
Walker--Stones--Laporte--Zin
---------------Fern
---------KDB---Bernardo
---Sterling---Aguero---Sane

Well Fern and Bernardo are probablay automatic starters in a best XI but who is the 3rd midfielder? Gundog, David Silva, Foden or KDB?

The great thing is that we can rotate players and hardly affect the quality of the side. KDB might not be at 100% but he might be by the end of the season, and to an extent I think Pep will be looking to play him into form.

--------------Ederson
Walker--Stones--Laporte--Zin
---------------Fern
---------KDB---Bernardo
---Sterling---Aguero---Sane

Well Fern and Bernardo are probablay automatic starters in a best XI but who is the 3rd midfielder? Gundog, David Silva, Foden or KDB?

The great thing is that we can rotate players and hardly affect the quality of the side. KDB might not be at 100% but he might be by the end of the season, and to an extent I think Pep will be looking to play him into form.
Can't see 3 just off the injury list starting. Gundog and Merlin likely to start ahead of Fern and Kevin who will appear after the hour. Stones may have to start. Agree with front three but Pep may give Mahrez a start ahead of Sane. Big week coming up need a win to get the ball rolling and if the attitude is right we will take all the points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.