Metro ticket inspectors

Maybe one day they'll bring these people back who IMO are sorely missed, the removal of front line staff both on the trams and the buses has taken the personality/safety of travelling.

Clippie.png

She has a really nice welcoming smile and if I was 40 years younger then I might have been in like our man flint .. but sadly it's become a reality that corporate entities are doing their utmost to remove the personal touch that we all so reverently received from the front line staff of yore. From transportation networks to retail banking and now even our revered supermarkets no longer safe from automation.

We were in Tesco's last week and I had scanned my Greek extra thick yogurt in too many times out of frustration and I had to remove some and after five more minutes the basketometer hand held said I now had 7 Greek extra thick 1kg yogurts in my trolley so do you know what we just abandoned the shop and walked out tut tutting as went. Can everyone not see the wood from the trees to what is happening as the industry greed merchants remove the all so important'e human element from life's journey. Mother once said Bob lad you make your bed and you lie in it and never a truer anachronism spoken as everything in our modern world is getting so chronologically out of place.You have a voice people of the Moon and your voice is our coin of the realm and no one but no one one can force you to spend it where it's not truly appreciated.

We are the people that rule this world !

Can you remember and humanise?
It was still where we'd energised
Lie in the sand and visualise
Like it's '75 again

Last edited:
I was off to meet my lad for an afternoon drink in the Turks couple of years ago.

Caught the metro from Freehold, the machines one on each platform weren't working, one had been smashed up & not operating for months but this particular day the other was fucked too.

I would have been returning by tram so would have gained 20/30p. As the tram approached Victoria I noticed a gaggle of Inspectors so thought I'd get off a stop early as they weren't getting on to let someone know both machines were broken. If I'd have stayed on and got off at the Turks I'd have not been checked.

Anyway, ended up with a fine for doing the right thing, didn't want to know why I'd not paid/reason I'd alighted to tell them etc given a ticket, told I could appeal but that was turned down also.

I'd never jibbed before/after but I'd be very unlikely to come to the aid of one of these fuckers if they needed help in the future.

Last edited:
I didn't realise it was that easy to avoid paying if I got caught ;)

In all seriousness, while there are will always be serial jibbers many of those who get caught are simply legging it for the tram and don't have time to mess about buying a ticket. I've been caught 3 times in the last 20-odd years and on each occasion it was all because I was rushing to get to work or elsewhere and would've bought a ticket if I had the time, as I have done on hundreds of occasions down the years. Now I know that is down to the individual's responsibility but the fact is they treat everyone like criminals. While I can accept that to a certain extent, what happened 12 months ago left a bitter taste in the mouth. I'd taken the afternoon off work to visit my terminally ill brother who was in the Christie. I made my way down to Media City tram stop and lo and behold there was a tram just waiting to pull away. As I was desperate to get over to see him, there was no way I was missing that tram and sprinted over to catch it. I was changing at Cornbrook anyway so thought I'd buy a ticket for the next leg of the journey when I got there. Anyway, it pulled in to Pomona and lo and behold the platform was full of inspectors. I got off thinking they'd get on but they didn't and I got pulled. I explained the situation about going to see our kid but I may as well have been talking to brick wall. Got slapped with a £50 fine, and didn't get to the hospital until later than I hoped. In the end we all had a good laugh about it and I told our kid it was the best £50 I'd ever spent.

Now I know people will make all kinds of excuses up when they get caught and no doubt they've heard that one before but it's this automatic assumption that everyone is bullshitting and everyone getting on the tram without paying is doing it in a pre-meditated way that pisses me off. If our kid had passed away in the meantime - he actually died around 5 o'clock the next morning - I wouldn't have let these fuckers forget it. As it is, I still got to see him and that was the most important thing by far rather than trying to argue the toss about paying a poxy 50 quid fine
They are not interested in any excuse mate, obviously you were being genuine and that's pretty sad the way your post ended.

Jibbing in and dodging fares is theft. Jail the cunts.
I guess you could say the same about any tradesman doing foreigners and not declaring it, Taxi drivers not putting their full earnings in for the year, shop owners etc etc

In fact any of the above is far worse than jibbing on a tram as you're stealing from the public.

And tbh i don't give a shit about either, just merely pointing out hypocrisy in folk.

Last edited:
It's difficult being a fare inspector. The problem is those that don't usually jib fares and don't have time to get a ticket get tarred with the same brush as those who do it deliberately. The difference is they will not obstruct justice when caught and pay up. The toe rags know their rights, have more front than the Albert Hall are prepared to get abusive and probably aggressive so get away with it. It's wrong but you can understand the tram inspectors not wanting to confront them when they can go for easier targets.

I was off to meet my lad for an afternoon drink in the Turks couple of years ago.

Caught the metro from Freehold, the machines one on each platform weren't working, one had been smashed up & not operating for months but this particular day the other was fucked too.

I would have been returning by tram so would have gained 20/30p. As the tram approached Victoria I noticed a gaggle of Inspectors so thought I'd get off a stop early as they weren't getting on to let someone know both machines were broken. If I'd have stayed on and got off at the Turks I'd have not been checked.

Anyway, ended up with a fine for doing the right thing, didn't want to know why I'd not paid/reason I'd alighted to tell them etc given a ticket, told I could appeal but that was turned down also.

I'd never jibbed before/after but I'd be very unlikely to come to the aid of one of these fuckers if they needed help in the future.
Don’t understand that. If both machines were knackered how are you expected to purchase?
They will know from their technology if machines were out of order and if so should have allowed you the chance to buy a ticket at your point of arrival.

It's difficult being a fare inspector. The problem is those that don't usually jib fares and don't have time to get a ticket get tarred with the same brush as those who do it deliberately. The difference is they will not obstruct justice when caught and pay up. The toe rags know their rights, have more front than the Albert Hall are prepared to get abusive and probably aggressive so get away with it. It's wrong but you can understand the tram inspectors not wanting to confront them when they can go for easier targets.
As you said they can’t put their hands on the dodgers so they have to surround them if they have enough staff on hand.
On the rare occasions that they have the law in attendance backing them up the dodgers are in the shit but they’ve probably got form already so won’t massively change their life.

As you said they can’t put their hands on the dodgers so they have to surround them if they have enough staff on hand.
On the rare occasions that they have the law in attendance backing them up the dodgers are in the shit but they’ve probably got form already so won’t massively change their life.
Also worth bearing in mind that so many young people now think it's acceptable to not only carry but use a knife. That thought must cross inspectors minds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.