Ben Chilwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
watched him a fair bit last night in attempt to change my mind on him. he does look a good player. doesn't strike me as a player that would take us up a notch, though, which is the only thing that excites me at the moment.

dani alves, jordi alba... i think the board insist we need big athletic defenders for the epl. pep not a fan of lightweight is a myth.
It said in the doc that if they weren't big and athletic they'd have to be exceptional which Alves and Alba are. This is because they have skills like a midfielder. They can hold onto the ball, break the press and can start attacks.

I would take Real Betis junior firpo over this guy. Firpo is a classic brazilian full back his style is similar to Marcelo and Alves, constantly linking up with the midfield and the attack, Firpo is more of a Pep type of player, Chilwell would suit a counter team like Chelsea.
Junior Firpo is Spanish (born in Dominican Republic). He's definitely gettable as the release clause is €60m and his agent is Pep's brother.

The problem is, Firpo has played only 3 games sinсe the start of the year and seems to be injury-prone:

18/19 Muscle Injury Feb 15, 2019 - 49 days
18/19 Hamstring Injury Dec 17, 2018 Feb 2, 2019 47 days
17/18 Ligament Injury May 6, 2018 Jun 6, 2018 31 days
17/18 Hamstring Injury Aug 9, 2017 Oct 16, 2017 68 days

If we are losing Delph seems logical to replace like for like ie English for English. The fact he is a round peg in a round hole for left back given Mendys injury list, be perfect with Zin on rotation. Be interesting to watch him next week.

Junior Firpo is Spanish (born in Dominican Republic). He's definitely gettable as the release clause is €60m and his agent is Pep's brother.

The problem is, Firpo has played only 3 games sinсe the start of the year and seems to be injury-prone:

18/19 Muscle Injury Feb 15, 2019 - 49 days
18/19 Hamstring Injury Dec 17, 2018 Feb 2, 2019 47 days
17/18 Ligament Injury May 6, 2018 Jun 6, 2018 31 days
17/18 Hamstring Injury Aug 9, 2017 Oct 16, 2017 68 days

And a left-back, you say. Tailor-made then, tailor-made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.