Spurs v City - CL QF I - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if Poch will go with a back 3 or 4. Winks is fit so the front 5-6 pick themselves.

Probably

Lloris

Trippier Toby Vertonghen Rose

Winks Sissoko

Eriksen Dele Son

Kane

Bring Moura on at some stage -the only real game changer we have on the bench.

Kane will score. At least one.
I don't think Kane has ever scored against us from an onside position.

Not sure if Poch will go with a back 3 or 4. Winks is fit so the front 5-6 pick themselves.

Probably

Lloris

Trippier Toby Vertonghen Rose

Winks Sissoko

Eriksen Dele Son

Kane

Bring Moura on at some stage -the only real game changer we have on the bench.

Kane will score. At least one.
Only if you get a pen ;)

The late arriving midfielder is their biggest weapon against us, especially if he’s arriving far post. They have Son, Dele and Erickson who can do this.

As someone else said, like every other team does against us, there will be lots of going to ground in the final third at the slightest opportunity.

They also have a few players who have a breakaway goal in them, esp Son, and we are sometimes a little exposed to the counter if we have long periods of possession.

Lots of ways for City to win, but clearly Spurs have the ability to hurt us. However, on a good night for both teams, there’s no way they can hold us. The only question now is “Who shows up?”

2-0 City

I expect ex spurs pundits all the way. Maybe a token City pundit but the majority will be wanting Spurs to win.
We don't have a dynamic City pundit. Joe will probably become the first 'this generation' City pundit to dish out a few home truths to the Liverpool/Manure media mafia.

Going to be a tough game. Spurs will be full of themslves in the new stadium and the media seem to be behind them.

City I think will tire towards the end so I am hoping we can get some goals out of the first 20 mins and hold onto that.

Spurs 3 - 2 City
Tiring towards the end is something this City team do not do. In fact we often go through the gears towards the end. Remember last season against Liverpool.....

We don't have a dynamic City pundit. Joe will probably become the first 'this generation' City pundit to dish out a few home truths to the Liverpool/Manure media mafia.
Zabba has been on a couple of times,BT usually stick dunny or lescott on but they usually follow the script as opposed to really stick up for us,i don't know why they don't use more of our more recent players,i think they count mcpointy as an ex player but he is clearly a dipper

I expect ex spurs pundits all the way. Maybe a token City pundit but the majority will be wanting Spurs to win.
I'm expecting Ginola, the Twitcher, Simon Felstein and one of the rag pundits. I'm also not going to be watching it on BT to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.