QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He decided to try and manage the fixture pile up and it didnt work.However its only 1-0 at HT as i put in he OP,if we play our strongest 11 next week i'm confident we'll have too much for them.

Of the 3 games,i'll take this as the disappointing result.

Not the end of the world. Can't make sense of what pep was thinking though. Late subs really annoy me.

1-0 is a terrible result. One from them and we need 3. Fucking angry right now with that.
Agree it’s a shocker. Especially with all our attacking talent.
Have to win by 2 clear goals now. Seen it year on year of team in the 2nd leg away just sitting off and hitting on the counter.

Guardiola: “We played an incredible game, we conceded absolutely few. We controlled the game, we made them run a lot. I don’t have the feeling we played bad, especially the second half how well we played. But the result is not good - but last season was much worse.”

Guardiola: “Mendy after 4-5 months injured it was too much, and Bernardo could not play. Hopefully next week maybe Bernardo will be fit.”

It looked like Pep was treating this as "a difficult European away leg" ... keep it tight, don't show too much adventure, keep back your best attacking players, happily accept a 0-0, and bring them back to our place.

Might have made sense if we were at Juventus or Barca, but not against another English side, and especially not at Spurs.

Can only assume that he was somehow trying to "learn his lesson" from last season at Anfield, by a far more cautious approach. But it wasn't a good call at all.

Only good news is that we are more than capable of beating Spurs 2-0 at home ... but it's going to be a very tense night knowing that if they score, we have big problems.

Compared to how good we all know this City side can be, spurs are a million miles away. Feels like an easily avoidable shitty defeat that gives us more to do in the second leg.

I think you missed my sarcasm with regards spurs recent form mate:-)

yes a big hard
You’re a joke who thinks he’s a bigger fan than another just by insulting him. Fans like you need to look in the mirror and realise how pathetic you really are. Do you get an errction when you tell someone they’re not a city fan?
Yes a big hard errction.
Why the fuck would any fan come on and slag 3 players off without even watching the game?

I don’t believe that Spuds shaded it. They had one chance and due to our poor defending they scored (although it was good finishing there was an element of luck too). Our penalty was poor and let’s be honest you can’t afford to miss penalties in the away leg of a quarter final. It felt like ever since we got the penalty they had every decision go for them.
Although we were pretty shit on the night I wasn’t impressed with Spuds and I think we can do them at home. Any chance of Zinch for the next leg?

How about mendy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.