Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

I’m in the Philippines at the moment.. not sure what sheltered coverage BT made but it was the most blatant handball since Maradonnas.... he elbowed it into the net. Blatant as fuck... the whole bar was convinced it wouldn’t be given... wish i videos the screen... it really was THAT bad... when I saw what the ref was showed it was the most insanely congested view. Honestly they showed a view that made it the easiest decision in human history.

I don't know what angles they showed on BT but even the commentators on TNT said it came of his forearm onto his hip and you can't control it or score with your arm or hand... the offside rule defines this. But the ref wasn't given the angle which showed it. Okay it wasn't clear and obvious but neither was Kuns offside, to have both of them go against us when we were by far the better team says it all about their clear favouritism. The amount of chances, the amount of possession all show it.

The way VAR is being used is comical to say the least, sometimes you get to see the replay while its been adjucated by var ppl, sometimes ref is only communicating and sometimes ref goes and check it out for himself.

I mean seriously wtf? Why cant there be consistency and we get to see the replays in real time.

Llorente goal.

After the goal they once showed a replay from from behind where his touch seemed quiet.visable but when ref went to check it only the the front and side angle were being shown.

Technology shouldnt have to give benifit of doubt or make assumptions, if its foul then its a foul regardless of the amount of contact

Just seen an angle from behind the goal for Llorente’s goal. The ref needs to be given different angles. VAR still gives room for criticism.

Love the man but this is (mostly) on Pep. Shite defending tonight but the pressure is on more when you know you haven't scored away.
I can't understand why a team clearly built to attack would play with so little urgency to get away goals in that first leg. He basically admitted the Liverpool tie last year affected his thinking for the first game and he didn't want the tie to be over this time. It goes against the natural instincts of this team and even if they get involved in a wild goalfest like tonight then who cares? At least we've scored away goals. Have to trust the quality of the team that they can go toe to toe with anyone.
Fair enough if away goals were done away with but they aren't so just fucking go for it, especially when you're playing away first. Another mad 4-3 loss at Anfield last year would have been better that what we got.
2 years in a row he's fudged the first leg in the quarter final.

Fantastic effort from the players tonight, hope they are desperate to fuck them at the weekend after that.

As gutted as everyone else, Sergio's offside, should it have made any difference ?, as Eriksen actually played the ball, and it deflected off a City player to Sergio, who was marginally offside

Whole back four plus Ederson were not up to it tonight. Have to question Ederson on both the goal in the first leg and the first Son goal tonight. One or probably both should have been saved. His passing and kicking tonight were well below standard tonight.

Yes, a bit to be honest. But do you really expect fans to not celebrate?

You are clearly a better team than us and were better on the night. We were ridiculously fortunate to scrape past you. As long as we end up with top 4 I genuinely hope you get a narrow win at the weekend and take the league. You're the best team by some distance and I work with a couple of Liverpool fans that will be more unbearable than normal.

I had no idea which way he would go with that Llorente VAR call: it clearly touched his hand but the hand wasn't making his silhouette any bigger. They seem to make it up as they go along with hand ball these days. Obviously glad he gave the goal and if the same had been disallowed at the other end you all would have understandably been saying that UEFA are corrupt.

Anyway, best of luck for the rest of the season, you deserve the treble and I'd be amazed if you aren't chasing the quadruple this time next year. Not sure what chance we've got in the semi with no Kane, Son suspended and the whole of our midfield injured...

Great post - you seem far too sensible to be a Spurs fan. Fancy swapping Son for Mahrez? ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.