Var debate 2019/20

BT who hate us, indirectly decided the game, the games finished mate.
It was finished when Anthony Taylor listened in his earpiece 2 yrs ago and still no one knows who to...no var in place ....against Chelsea.changed his mind from red to yellow card...no explanation. No logic.... That's what opened my eyes .still don't know who controls the games ..now.no fucking idea.could be a spurs fan operating var tonite.no one knows.
Most don't care either.that's what's so sad about the modern game.

May have already been mentioned but, my feeling is the call was dodgy/incorrect. Eriksen plays the ball against Bernardo. Bernardo didn't "play the ball". So Eriksen played the backpass and it takes a deflection off Bernardo on its way to Aguero. So the pass is played by Eriksen from which Aguero can't be offside. It shouldn't be relevant that it deflected off another attacking player unless he deliberately intended to play the ball, which I don't believe Bernardo did from the footage.

The goal should not have been overturned and we should not have been denied that dream moment.

That's my interpretation of the offside law too, but happy to be proved wrong!

In the laws of the game that’s a goal.

He didn’t score with his hand, he scored with his hip. It touched him arm before his hip but it wasn’t hand ball.
You're so wrong. Your mistaking a defending situation for a attacking one. Every goal scored with the hand or arm deliberately or not is not allowed when you are attacking the opposition goal. When you're defending the aspect of deliberately is something to take in consideration as a referee. But this situation has nothing to do with that. Ball hits his arms while scoring, no goal simple as that.

That's my interpretation of the offside law too, but happy to be proved wrong!

I looked up the rule ad it covers situations where the ball "touches" a player, rather than them passing it. So, letter of the law, offside if (and I mean IF!) Serg was offside at the point the ball flicked off Bernie. I don't think it was. Goal for me!

May have already been mentioned but, my feeling is the call was dodgy/incorrect. Eriksen plays the ball against Bernardo. Bernardo didn't "play the ball". So Eriksen played the backpass and it takes a deflection off Bernardo on its way to Aguero. So the pass is played by Eriksen from which Aguero can't be offside. It shouldn't be relevant that it deflected off another attacking player unless he deliberately intended to play the ball, which I don't believe Bernardo did from the footage.

The goal should not have been overturned and we should not have been denied that dream moment.

Unfortunately, that’s not the rule. It only needs to touch a player from the same team, not be deliberately played.

It was finished when Anthony Taylor listened in his earpiece 2 yrs ago and still no one knows who to...no var in place ....against Chelsea.changed his mind from red to yellow card...no explanation. No logic.... That's what opened my eyes .still don't know who controls the games ..now.no fucking idea.could be a spurs fan operating var tonite.no one knows.
Most don't care either.that's what's so sad about the modern game.

Brilliant post, and totally agree. There is no doubt in my mind that the game is wide open to corruption and that it's probably happening right now.

You're so wrong. Your mistaking a defending situation for a attacking one. Every goal scored with the hand or arm deliberately or not is not allowed when you are attacking the opposition goal. When you're defending the aspect of deliberately is something to take in consideration as a referee. But this situation has nothing to do with that. Ball hits his arms while scoring, no goal simple as that.

From next year

its was not a deliberate pass forward deflected, i agree, plus 2 mins to make the call is way too long.

We could say whatever we want but refs have different view, based on what instructions they have.

One thing that makes me mad about this is that it was shown only from one angle to the ref. If he saw other angles, he might rule differently based on pressure or whatever and canceled the goal. I might think he made mistake and say "bad luck spurs", but I'd be more than happy. But that decision to show him just the one angle was criminal.

If the ref had seen the versions we've since seen, he would definitely have ruled it out. No doubt about it, especially in the CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.