Game of Thrones (season 8)

With only 6 episodes for Season 8, getting a leaked eppy 24 hrs in advance is not bad

Just very disappointing for it to be a filler episode

it was shit. Can’t be much happens in this series if there’s only 6 episodes and two of them are pointless

That was a disappointing episode. I was fine with episode 1 being a coming together and warm up for the big fight, but for episode 2 to just be a continuation with only 4 more until the whole thing is finished isn’t right.

For me, this final season has taken a wild narrative [writing] / fan service turn which has made it very difficult to watch. Much of that change is probably down to Martin not finishing the books, of course, but it still feels very different from previous seasons. And I knew they would want to have a sentimental episode where everyone unites one final time and personal/collective motivations and bonds were established to give credence to the loss in battle(s) later... but one episode was enough, especially given there are only 6 in this final season.

Let’s just hope the final four episodes were worth sitting through the first two.

For me, this final season has taken a wild narrative [writing] / fan service turn which has made it very difficult to watch. Much of that change is probably down to Martin not finishing the books, of course, but it still feels very different from previous seasons. And I knew they would want to have a sentimental episode where everyone unites one final time and personal/collective motivations and bonds were established to give credence to the loss in battle(s) later... but one episode was enough, especially given there are only 6 in this final season.

Let’s just hope the final four episodes were worth sitting through the first two.

I think this narrative change and pandering to fan service has been happening for a while now. Look back to season one and there weren't any battles at all put to film (even though there were a heap in the background) It didn't need action because the writing was taught, sharp and the dramatic points weren't mired in action. The pacing of the seasons has been ruined in the last few. Perfect example, in the time it takes for Theon to rescue his sister in Kings Landing and return to Winterfell, Berrick, Tormund and Ed only made it from Last Hearth to Winterfell - which if you look at this map is absolutely laughable. And for those saying that you need an episode the set things up for what is to come - we've had that - it's called the last seven seasons...

y88w1nq1ywiz.png

You can’t just have 5 episodes of battling, I liked the episode, now the good stuff over the next two episodes with the final two tying it up

That was a disappointing episode. I was fine with episode 1 being a coming together and warm up for the big fight, but for episode 2 to just be a continuation with only 4 more until the whole thing is finished isn’t right.

That's it for me. I wasn't expecting non-stop battles or story advancement but considering how much time between seasons and all that is left to be resolved, something more substantial considering only 4 episodes remain
Particularly when the next episode is surely going to be an episode primarily devoted to the battle

All the great clasical sagas have such momments and ep 2 was great in my opinion.

Read any tolkien, cornwells arthurian trilogy, old saxon and norse sagas, etc.

They will have the calm before the storm chapters where it is mostly the charactors just about talking, remeniscing, enjoying their last momments before certain death.

For all the moaning the little things were what made it

• The child wanting to fight burn scars and it's similarity to shireen greyscale and Davos look when she comes up.
  • The nights watch reunited with ghost also included
  • Tormunds surname revealed in maybe the weirdest story ever and davos and jamies face as he tells his tale
  • Briene finally getting recognised as an equal to the knights, also potential threesome on there
  • Danny in both conversations with sansa and jon revealing she cannot seperate ruling from whats important, which I fear means danny ain't making it to the end.
  • Greyworm talking about the future means he's dying next week
  • Roberts proposal to ned about their children getting it on happened, just the a different son and daughter
  • Though seeing arya arse cheeks and side boob, when you have watched her as the young lass grow throughout the show was a bit, nah didn't wanta see that, her slitting peoples throats fine, but her tits, no
  • Jorah reconciled with his house
  • Euron and Sansa moment in front of danny was clever way to show how the difference between the 2, danny burns people who wronged her, sansa ebraces them offers redemtion and sees their use and that forgiveness and unity are better.
  • Where the fuck was the night king??

Yes we all want some battles and political intrigue, but we are at the final battle now and any good war story has long drawn out momments of the charactors just talking and reflecting, this was that episode

Last edited:
All the great clasical sagas have such momments and ep 2 was great in my opinion.

Read any tolkien, cornwells arthurian trilogy, old saxon and norse sagas, etc.

They will have the calm before the storm chapters where it is mostly the charactors just about talking, remenicing, enjoying their last momments before certain death.

For all the moaning the little things were what made it

• The child wanting to fights burn scar and it's similarity to shireen greyscale and Davos look when she comes up.
  • The nights watch reunited with ghost aso included
  • Tormunds surname revealed in maybe the weirdest story ever and davos amd jamies face as he tells his tale
  • Danny in both conversations with sansa and jon revealing she cannot seperate ruling from whats important, which I fear means danny ain't making it to the end.
  • Greyworm talking about the future means he's dying next week
  • Roberts proposal to ned about their children getting it on happened, just the a different son and daughter
  • Though seeing arya arse cheeks and side boob, when you have watched her as the young lass grow throughout the show was a bit, nah didn't wanta see that, her slitting peoples throats fine, but her tits, no
  • Jorah reconciled with his house
  • Euron and Sansa moment in front of danny was clever way to show how the difference between the 2, danny burns people who wronged her, sansa ebraces them and sees their use
  • Where the fuck was the night king??

Yes we all want some battles and political intrigue, but we are at the final battle now and any good war story has long drawn out momments of the charactors just talking and reflecting, this was that episode

Agree with this. While the 1st was a "where are they now" episode, this one went into the why you love this character and that one. Also seemed to highlight the character progressions and relationships between characters. Pretty much just trying to get you warmed up and invested again, making you remember why you love this character and that.......right before a bunch get killed off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.