FA Cup Final - 18/05 1700hrs

I'm always trying to explain this. We get the same allocation in the stadium for all games - around 35K on the top and bottom tiers. The FA hold a number of these back to give to sell to member clubs who request them. This has gone on for decades. When a member club requests tickets they have to specify which club's half of the stadium they are in.

These returns will be the remainder of these not taken up. They are in our end but weren't sold by City originally.

This is NOT City's fault at all.

Dave, this is certainly the case.

A great uncle of mine was the Club Secretary at Everton, under Phil Carter in the 70s and 80s. The clubs in the North West had a cartel on tickets whereby they all agreed to supplement each other should their own team fail to make the Cup Final.

So, when Everton played Liverpool in the 2 finals in the 80s, City and Utd both effectively rejected their allocation on the basis that the other clubs would reciprocate when their team appeared in the final.

The whole process isn't cut and dried however as the FA commit to allocating tickets to the affiliated club (usually by posting them, second class), and, only then can the recipient club re-allocate their tickets to a finalist.

You never used to get tickets allocated in Club Wembley. The 10 year season tickets that you could get when it first opened have now expired which is why this allocation is now available to clubs

Yeah I just rang and they explained that. I asked for them to simply refund my £210 tickets and I’ll purchase ones 1 block and 2 rows away for £80 please. Due to policy they can’t do that, Explained my tickets were purchased 10 hours ago, she explained its policy and they can’t do that. Fuck off
They dont’s give a shit, its not their money

You never used to get tickets allocated in Club Wembley. The 10 year season tickets that you could get when it first opened have now expired which is why this allocation is now available to clubs
That makes sense. First time I can remember an FA Cup Final with Level 2 going directly through the clubs.

We are a bunch of mugs though, no one is happy with the prices, the travel, the way it’s been allocated...we’re nearly sold out. ONLY way it ever changes is if we don’t go, that will never happen
Unfortunately the FA is just a money cow
they dont care if by making tickets cheaper more people can afford tickets there not interesting if we sell out the tickets in three days because there affordable or sell out in ten days at their extortionate prices, in a nut shell if they sell out then they will justify the prices it's just marketing strategies by them, either dont go and make them reconsider pricing but they no that wont happen because of fans loyalty!

Dave, this is certainly the case.

A great uncle of mine was the Club Secretary at Everton, under Phil Carter in the 70s and 80s. The clubs in the North West had a cartel on tickets whereby they all agreed to supplement each other should their own team fail to make the Cup Final.

So, when Everton played Liverpool in the 2 finals in the 80s, City and Utd both effectively rejected their allocation on the basis that the other clubs would reciprocate when their team appeared in the final.

The whole process isn't cut and dried however as the FA commit to allocating tickets to the affiliated club (usually by posting them, second class), and, only then can the recipient club re-allocate their tickets to a finalist.

Makes sense. I got my tickets from a Championship club. Their club secretary was allowed to request up to 10 tickets in either end.

but city have sold these in the previous cup finals (inc the 2 FA cups) early on in the past so they weren't the FA's then. And if they really were unavailable due to being the FA's, city should've greyed out the block like they did with some other blocks on day 1, but the block wasn't greyed out and looked like it was available but sold :( It's just a head fuck, i know i know at least we're all there, but i think it's that i borrowed money to give my mum the cracking day out she deserves while she's still here, and when you qualify on day 1.. yet i just feel cheated now.
My mate got a Norfolk fa ticket via Norwich City for the Stoke game and was sat in the same block as me (top tier on the corner) I'd suggest FA friends tickets are all over the allocation area & some have been returned as not wanted, hence they're now showing.

As for rows of seats on on the market, maybe some friends are bigger friends than others.

Normally I refuse point blank to pay 140 quid a ticket but my will be my son first Wembley visit. So I'm on bread and water to pay for it all until then:)

Just had a look on the Watford forum and it looks like they’ve also got quite a few tickets to sell. Don’t blame anyone for not wanting to pay the prices but I bet more than a few on here would have happily paid them and more when we got to the final v Stoke. How times have changed.
I'd imagine Watford would be more happy paying if they were playing Sjoke as well.

Without risking anything bad happening £115/£145 to watch your team after already having been to Wembley for a semi get a battering off us isn't what some would call value. They haven't got a big fan base to start with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.