Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't hold up high hopes. Or try and see reasons for that lot down the river Mersey to drop points in their last two games. Than again not are we for that matter.
But IF they do drop anything at Newcastle I’m sure we will be champions on Mondaynight. Mathematically maybe.

I thought Liverpool could and should’ve brought back at least two goals last night. Liverpool played well. The result didn’t reflect the game. It can however bring an expectation that they might get the game to extra time.
Did you watch it? Could’ve been 4-5 to Barca. Stegen made one really good save but he wasn’t working hard.

I don’t use Twitter but if true then that’s 1 bbc journalist saying it’s ok to defend racism & another bbc journalist saying it’s ok to throw locals in fountains & racially abuse them cos it’s expected??

Well thank fck Sterling didn’t get more awards quite clearly he’s failed in educating journalists.........I think I’ve just woken up in the 70s.

He's not a BBC journo as far as I know.

Spot on! But when's racism ever bothered the FA ? They talk a good racism game..but are just ****** culpable idiots.

Isn't it voted for by the players so not sure what the FA have to do with it.
Raheem won the football writers award.

He showed himself to be very inexperienced at this level. Defending for the first goal was absolutely terrible, and for the second he just gets caught ball watching for a second as the ball is looping towards his goal, and Messi doesn't switch off.

Yes but the narrative in the bt studio was that VVD had been let down by Matip. The minor criticism of him was that he should have been more vocal in getting Matip in the right position????

My assessment was that VVD got caught on his heels, and switched off. The quality of the pass was excellent though.

No trophies for Liverpool this season but, for me, they remain an excellent team who can add a piece or two and make the leap to winners

Robertson is immense, really impressed and even on a night where they endured a heavy scoreline you can't really fault any of their players. There was a lot of quality on display and Barcelona were simply more clinical

They will remain in your rear view mirror as long as Pep is running the show
But City will also add a piece or two which negates them adding a piece or two.

Next year they’re unlikely to enjoy the same luck and 15 point swing from 4 different keepers throwing it into their own net the dying minutes and 11 offside goals also.

They’re a good team but they aren’t special.

He bottled it. They badly missed TAA last night going forward. Looked like they had picked a side to go 3-5-2 and if they'd dropped Milner for TAA that may well have worked. Going that weird 4-4-2 with no real wide player on the right (Milner played more on the left) and no creativity in midfield left Salah and Mané having to deliver as orthodox strikers, which they're not and having no natural fullback on the right along with no wide threat left Coutinho and Alba with acres of space to break forward into.
All that just to double up on Messi and even on a quiet night for the great one it didn't do any good.
Creativity in midfield? They haven't got any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.