Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of new gems from RAWK.

Link at the bottom of the page to the last page of the RAWK general Manchester City thread.

For a team that's supposedly so good, they aren't half boring to watch. You rarely see them score spectacular goals, because Pep doesn't like shooting from outside the box, players taking necessary risks or trying to dribble past opponents.
The build up play is all centered on creating the easiest goal scoring chance possible. They're becoming like his Barca side, except without the added bonus of watching Messi do something brilliant and imaginative.

I was very happy to see them pip United to the title that year. There were a few reasons why. Firstly, my cousin married a City fan who always went to their matches at Maine Road. He'd get us tickets for our matches against them there too. Apart from the usual away day shenanigans that went on back in the 70s and 80s I'd never had any problems with City fans and actually found them a refreshing change from their near neighbours and I was happy for my cousin's (now ex) hubby who was long suffering through their yo-yo decades.

When City were taken over I didn't really know much about it, who it was etc. I just knew they'd been taken over and that was that. My interest ended there, really. As they improved I was happy that they'd give their neighbours a run for their money. I liked the way they played and were a team I could watch. That's rare, because I don't watch United, Everton, Spurs, Chelsea, but would tune in for Arsenal or City. Also, unlike United, City seemed to have a number of likable players.

That Agueroooooo moment is the most amazing end to a Premiership season I've seen, although I hope this season eclipses it with us in the winning position. As a piece of footballing history it is stunning.

As time has gone on I've learned a lot more about their owners and their industrial scale cheating of the game. Their fanbase has also gone to absolute shit. I simply do not recognise them these days. They used to have a lovely self-deprecating humour about them, but they've turned into everything they said they hated about United fans now. Enjoying the Agueroooo moment is forever tainted now that I can see the bigger picture. I suppose it was the moment the vile entity that is now Abu Dhabi FC really started to take shape. I suppose fans of clubs like Everton can afford to laugh if the dopers win the title at our expense because it will never be them who is going to be pipped by them in the future. Everton fans, and United fans currently, need snookers to stop us gaining the success that throws their own failure into sharp contrast. They won't care one iota who stops us or how. Despite that, the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, United may just get their act together enough to challenge again in the future, and if they do, it will be them who are up in arms over the cheating of ADFC.

The lunatic asylum.
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=274792.27080

Seems the fountain pusher has got form going back at least 35 years:
"Rome 84:

The airport was nuts. We all just got herded in there by the crazy Italian riot police and Marty Mullen set a fire extinguisher off (his usual party piece) and all of a sudden there was chaos."

3 games left for Liverpool - just got to go for it now. The only thing making me nervous is strangely our winning run - it's going to come to an end at some point and with every passing game it becomes statistically more likely.
It doesn't actually though. That's like saying that if you flipped a coin and got 10 heads in a row, the chances of getting a tails next time is more.

3 games left for Liverpool - just got to go for it now. The only thing making me nervous is strangely our winning run - it's going to come to an end at some point and with every passing game it becomes statistically more likely.

If Liverpool end up potless again it demonstrates the folly of not giving the domestic cups a serious go. Same applies for Tottenham. Two very good teams may end up winning nothing
Not sure stats matter too much at this stage with only two games left. There are often clear reasons why winning runs come to an end. Last year I think our run was 18 and came to an end on New Years Eve/Day? away to Palace. We had expended a lot of energy that December got some great wins and probably ran out of steam. The situation now is that we have had a good rest and have two games more to win. If we do not win them it will most likely be a result of the opposition playing out of their skins and us missing chances.
Anyway, using your logic a lot of dippers must be equally worried that their unbeaten run may come to an end as statistically they are surely due another defeat or draw.

Seems the fountain pusher has got form going back at least 35 years:
"Rome 84:

The airport was nuts. We all just got herded in there by the crazy Italian riot police and Marty Mullen set a fire extinguisher off (his usual party piece) and all of a sudden there was chaos."
Just seen a picture of the wanker and he's at least in his 60s. Unbelievable that someone of that age would do something like that.

ax0fw0.jpg

PFA player of the year.
He was just as static on the Suarez goal.
He watched Suarez just run into the space and didn't even try and get there.
Nice player but he's a bit lazy for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.