Bruno Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.
United would have to offer massive wages and for some that trumps winning things and playing in the CL

They could sell him perhaps easier than players already on top clubs also because he should be an almost automatic starter for them, especially if Pogba is sold.

He is more of an unknown to most fans and playing for them with their fan base size and reputation may get him more attention globally than being a backup/rotation player for us or other clubs with more competition. It's a step up in that regard and he can see how things go after a season or two. If no CL after next season maybe he leaves, if he proves himself.

What other clubs will be in for him and don't have other big targets in mind that will help him gain more of a reputation?

Playing in the PL is great for players' reputations as its the most followed league, and is highly competitive. Even if it's for Utd. PSG? That might not be so ideal due to the league situation. Actually, I could see Liverpool interested as they lack a player like him in central midfield since Coutinho left. Keita is more creative than the rest but he is still more of an attack oriented pit bull type of 8 than no. 10/scoring midfielder. Those two could be their midfield pairing for the next 5-6 years as they are 1 year apart in age difference. I hope it doesn't happen for our sake, but it's a worry.

I wouldn't worry about your second concern, mate.

They have left it far too late to sanction City re a summer window, we have plenty of cash to spend, regardless of a FFP sanction.

We might hear something in the next couple of weeks from Fifa, but expect January to be where it bites.

City tee-up deals well in advance.

If we think there is chance of a ban for Jan/next summer, I'd expect us to be busy once the window opens...Fern, David Silva, Kompany, Ota could all need cover/replacing within the next 12months....(before a potential transfer ban would end) ....Fernandes sounds unlikely after club seemingly briefing the press but I think a DM is alot more important heading into the new season so hopefully we are being active in this area....

I was hoping Gundogan would leave or we get a replacement.

Don't rate him as an elite midfielder at all.
Zzzzzzzzz
Been a regular 8 out of 10 the last 3 months, just doesn't get the recognition others het.

Kev came back to early but tried & was poor in most but the injuries have been tough for him.
Phil hasn't had enough chances but glimpse of what's to come were seen.
Dave expert from maybe UTD away has been 6 maybe 7 at best.

Since Dino has been out on more than 1 occation this year Gundagun has been very good.

If everyone were fit then Dino & KDB & Gundagun would be 1st choice IMO

Maybe Pep got a phone call from Messi on Wednesday so we have change are summer transfer plans.

Just putting it out there :)

I think this signing depended on Gundogan not signing and going elsewhere. With the rumours now saying this is not happening I will read into this that Gundogan has decided to stay after all

We definitely need a new DM pivot to start taking over, using fernan as cover when needed
Think Tolmie said earlier today things seem to be going good with gunndy and Leroy hopefully staying now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.