Brighton appreciation

As a yank who has been to England a handful of times, I feel like I kind of know what I am going to get. Especially in London. Has a very New York feel to it. People for the most part keep their heads down, and not much chatting about from people.

HOWEVER. One time I took a little day trip out to Brighton. Popped in to a pub on midweek day early afternoon. And man, if that wasn't one of the most pleasant places I have ever been in England. People would come up, ask me questions about why I was visiting, bought me a couple pints, talked football, told me where to go that evening, etc. Overall one of the most welcoming communities I have been in England. Nothing about Sunday surprised me.

Had a great day out that was enhanced by the friendly people and the attitude of the fans in the ground. I love Brighton, great place to spend a few hours listening to Misty moan about his hair loss. Sure it helped that we won, and comfortably (in the end!) but I can't praise the fans enough. We wondered if they would leave after their lap of honour but most of them stayed to see the trophy being presented and gave generous applause. Nicely run club and great fans.

Great to see this from Brighton. Very pleased they stayed up as it's probably the best away trip of the season and that's mostly down to how they treat the away fans. We got promoted at Brighton a few years ago and the fans and stewards could not have been more accommodating, even letting us drink in the bar under one of the stands as the results came in to confirm we had gone up. Top club and will definitely be down there again next season

the only disappointing thing about the day was it was a sunday, trains were a pain, not arriving into brighton until 2pm so little time for a beer, likewise to get home before midnight meant i would have struggled as all those inconsiderate brighton fans ( tongue in cheek ) stayed for our presentation and applauded us ! so would have been queueing up at station or for bus back to town. Hopefully be a saturday next season and can stay over

A big well done to the Brighton fans (and it seemed to be most of them) who hung around until Vinnie lifted the trophy. A nice gesture by them. And also the club for allowing Danny to take over the PA for the presentation ceremony. It's just a pity that Hughton got the Spanish Archer treatment, as he seems like a sound fella. That being said, results since the turn of the year hadn't been great. Thing is, though; will Potter do any better with (more or less) the same squad?

There fans were a decent bunch on the whole, and the ground is good and spacious compared to a lot.

The town centre is expensive mainly £6 a pint in the ones I went in, and nose bag also looking around £60 pp in a reasonable restaurant with a couple a cheaper drinks. They put orange slices in pints of Bluemoon also. The town seems to draw in the most pretentious types, or maybe it was just the festival thing that was on.

There fans were a decent bunch on the whole, and the ground is good and spacious compared to a lot.

The town centre is expensive mainly £6 a pint in the ones I went in, and nose bag also looking around £60 pp in a reasonable restaurant with a couple a cheaper drinks. They put orange slices in pints of Bluemoon also. The town seems to draw in the most pretentious types, or maybe it was just the festival thing that was on.

Must have been where you was going, I spent £50 on the sat and had 10 pints and chippy.

Spent about £70/£80 on the sunday including another all dayer and decent fry up a kebab.

5 of in us round was working out about £22 a time same as town round NQ tbf

Most expensive out of proportoon thing was bottle of crappy water in a newsagents

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.