Brighton appreciation

They were all crying about City being in their end though in a nothing game, what would they have done in the same position the freaks.

We were in with the Brighton fans, close to City end, and a few moaned to the stewards when one or two other Blues celebrated goals but they were a minority and at the end a load of City fans were massed in the corner of the home section - some may have come in when gates opened - and there was no bother.

All in all both sets of supporters were good natured and respectful - what an absolute pleasure it was to witness. Going to be one of those days that is looked back on very fondly.

Top day can only echo appreciation for the welcome afforded by the Brighton public and especially their fans,must have shook hands with about twenty before and after game all wishing us well and glad it was us and not the mickeys winning the league. even got stopped in street yesterday for a football chat all in all fantastic weekend. Only sad note why the hell are there so many begging in the bloody streets.

Don't think we are alone there, but being a small city it does stand out. The hidden homeless issue is even worse.

There fans were a decent bunch on the whole, and the ground is good and spacious compared to a lot.

The town centre is expensive mainly £6 a pint in the ones I went in, and nose bag also looking around £60 pp in a reasonable restaurant with a couple a cheaper drinks. They put orange slices in pints of Bluemoon also. The town seems to draw in the most pretentious types, or maybe it was just the festival thing that was on.

Well fuck off then you oik.

My cousin lives in Brighton and is a ST holder so I watch out for them and hope you do well next year. The way they managed the presentation was class.

Could someone change the title please, it’s bugging me!!

Cheers - glad you enjoyed your trip.

As I said on another thread, the City fans I met on Saturday afternoon were all good lads, and I thought both sets of fans appreciation (yours for Bruno, and ours for Kompany + your presentation etc.) was top draw. I'm pleased the PA played some of 'your' anthems/songs at the end too - I'm not sure all other Premier League clubs would have done the same. I spoke to a steward at the away end afterwards who said they let in ticketless fans to watch the presentation.

Congratulations to you - the league table never lies and 198 points over two seasons is quite incredible.

As for us, it's all change with CH gone.

My opinion on it (and I've seen all bar 2 games this season) is that unfortunately he had to go.

If he wasn't such a decent bloke, a thoroughly decent man, then the media wouldn't be so up in arms over his sacking. No wins in the last 9 games, 3 wins in the last 20 games we were certainties for relegation next season. People accepted his boring, negative football when we were grinding out results, but when you're losing every week, it's different. The Chairman (who has paid for the stadium, new training ground etc) is an ambitious man - it's not thinking above our station, it's about being ambitious - why can't we be a mid table side competing with Bournemouth, Watford, and dare I say it Palace?

Bloom is a gambler, and this time he has rolled the dice big-time.

Good Luck Saturday and see you next season

A big thank you to Brighton and Hove FC and their fans. They both helped turn a memorable day into an even more memorable day.

I`m very happy you stayed up and wish you well for next season.

It`s a shame for Chris Haughton he seems like a nice bloke but we football fans need faith in the manager, once that goes the manager has to go.

Thanks again.

It was a great trip last year and just as good this year. Apart from the distance to travel, it has become a match to look forward to. Everyone down there treated us fantastically well, from the stewards to the supporters and staff at the hotel where we stayed. Also notable that everyone (and I mean everyone) wanted us to win the title and not the scousers. Brilliant weekend and looking forward to next season. Best of luck to Brighton next year and hope you get the manager you deserve, and also Chris Hughton (a thoroughly decent man).

Oh it is nice to be beside the seaside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.