Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear this weekend could be the final time we see Leroy in a City shirt.

Castles doesn't have direct sources to City but, by extension, Jorge Mendes is his main supplier of info.

A man trying to do the majority of our deals this summer and who already represents Bernardo, Eddie, Otamendi, Danilo, Mangala.

Mendes will certainly know what our requirements are from Txiki, which furniture is being moved around.

It's also quite a bold claim to state City have actually granted permission to Bayern to discuss personal terms, which would mean a fee has been agreed.

It would certainly mean Leroy and his reps had initially told City they wished to leave the club.

A lot of things then fall into place if you consider Leroy's playing situation in recent months and the lack of a new contract being announced.

We are expecting a two window ban from Fifa in January, which would certainly necessitate a sale this summer, as his contract continued to run down and he could agree a free move to a team on the continent from Jan 2021.

It would also explain the interest in Felix, a massive fee involved and also a Mendes client.

I hope I am wrong, but not so sure. :(
Next you’ll tell me you were the one that hit my dog on the street when I was 7!

One thing I don't get that if he is leaving then why Leroy is so sure of staying? Talking about staying and working hard to get more minutes next season. He could just say "we will see" or something like that

It could also be seen as Leroy calling City's bluff, if he has already indicated a desire not to renew his deal.

Think about it, we certainly wouldn't want him to leave, but Leroy inferring he could still be here next season, would certainly focus minds in terms of doing what is right from a fiscal point of view.

Classic tactic sometimes when someone in the final year of his deal, says they are prepared to stay and leave on a free next year, all the time the club are crunching the numbers on realising a fee and handing them a pay off.

German Shepherd, any chance?
You monster!

giphy.gif

I fear this weekend could be the final time we see Leroy in a City shirt.

Castles doesn't have direct sources to City but, by extension, Jorge Mendes is his main supplier of info.

A man trying to do the majority of our deals this summer and who already represents Bernardo, Eddie, Otamendi, Danilo, Mangala.

Mendes will certainly know what our requirements are from Txiki, which furniture is being moved around.

It's also quite a bold claim to state City have actually granted permission to Bayern to discuss personal terms, which would mean a fee has been agreed.

It would certainly mean Leroy and his reps had initially told City they wished to leave the club.

A lot of things then fall into place if you consider Leroy's playing situation in recent months and the lack of a new contract being announced.

We are expecting a two window ban from Fifa in January, which would certainly necessitate a sale this summer, as his contract continued to run down and he could agree a free move to a team on the continent from Jan 2021.

It would also explain the interest in Felix, a massive fee involved and also a Mendes client.

I hope I am wrong, but not so sure. :(

oh....

If we can't keep Leroy, then we should bring Sancho back.
Its heart breaking to lose Sancho, Diaz & now Sane !

Just offer him whatever we are paying Sterling, and opportunity to own the LW again.

The guy has the potential to be on a similar plane to Ronaldo, but he hasn't kicked on this season as much as he could have. If he stays and kicks on, we could have a superstar. If he doesn't then we could get £100m+ and reinvest whilst Pep is still here.

I hope he stays and fulfills his potential to the maximum, but would trust Pep if he were to sell and buy the next Same (i.e. Wide forward with the most potential to be a superstar(

If we can't keep Leroy, then we should bring Sancho back.
Its heart breaking to lose Sancho, Diaz & now Sane !

Just offer him whatever we are paying Sterling, and opportunity to own the LW again.
That sets a dangerous precedent though.

Especially as he's not as good as Sterling

If Leroy does leave then he’s leaving after scoring possibly our most important goal of the season against Liverpool.

I hope he stays but it doesn’t sound good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.