UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
UEFA aren't even good at covering their tracks, the timeline of the announcement correlates with the NYT article, so the establishment of a leak from the process is now firmly rubber stamped.

We are going to have to be patient as a supporter base, the process will go well beyond CAS and eventually to personal lawsuits. Our good name be cleared completely.

The club could not have provided any clearer evidence of no wrongdoing. We know the fix is in, both chambers.

What I can say, this is about as personal as it gets and City will now be in good hands for the next 100 YEARS.

Wait to hear from Khaldoon next week, that's what I'll say.

When this is over, the pain will have been well worth it.
Wrapt to hear that. UEFA never intended to give us a fair hearing, and have played it by the trial by media method for over 5 years now. They are pigs

we should all have a vote on should we leave europe ( CITY VS EUROPE ) ?????

am getting right piss off ??? why are the media tv and other so hell bent on this witch hunt ??? any of the other big clubs in england would not be under the microscope and its the media, tv, and other clubs leading it ??? what as happen to lets defend our clubs and back them in europe because they are from england ???? are you saying united liverpool spurs arsenal chelsea would all be treated like manchester city in the media and tv BOLLOCKS its not just uefa here with the witch hunt its right across the board and united and liverpool are right at the top

THIS IS WAR ??? time to stand up to them even whistle blow on them with a dirty bomb ?? do what they are doing ?? plant something ?? are you saying united and liverpool and others are squeaky clean BOLLOCKS if we are going down take them with us ?? the game is truly fucked ?? and why somebody putting his own money into the game is so wrong ?? any other sport would be open arms and welcomed investment, even the whole MANCHESTER itself has been turned around by the investment ?? just look around manchester to see how well the investment has been, schools kids and people of manchester red and blue are benefiting them from the investment so how can that be so wrong ????
Unfortunately it goes with the territory nowadays.
We are a far bigger scalp than the Rags or Dippers,irrespective of whether we are guilty or not.
City are now a "massive" (can I use that word) brand and will be scrutinised over every little detail.
I have no doubt in my mind that we are going to war,big time,to show UEFA as to what it is.
A shit hole of an Organisation,filled with bent bastards from top to bottom.
I would be very afraid if I was big noise at UEFA ... City are NOT going away this time around.
No pinch ... but a fucking big hand grabbing the bollocks and making them into submission.

so do we expect an answer tomorrow day before cup final on this, for what its worth i would not mind a ban then we can take them all on in court and sort it out once and for all.

I don't think we will hear anything from UEFA for a while now. They had to make an announcement today regarding the case due to what looks like the 5 year limitation rule. In the meantime they have forgotten about the due process and fucked themselves royally. They will NOT have a clue what to and will be scurrying round for months. Then probably take a course of action no one is expecting

This was also under review by the Premier League.

I’d imagine they’ll be more cautious about challenging us as it’s closer to home and impacts their competition to a greater degree if they were to impose a sanction.

However, everyone must know that if we’re banned from Europe then there’s a strong chance we will absolutely dominate the league.

Interesting developments that lead us into all sorts of areas of speculation. But just remember that much of what we see is just that.

Also, a word of caution. Whilst some of us welcome the prospect of clearing our name in Court it's worth bearing in mind that there are sometimes maverick decisions from a single judge that go absolutely contrary to the evidence they have heard. So, no matter how strong the evidence may appear, nothing is a foregone conclusion. Furthermore, it's worth bearing in mind, that the burden of proof in civil proceedings is "on the balance of probabilities" and not "beyond reasonable doubt".

That said, today's statement from City is welcome. We have two lines of attack here, the process and the result of the process. If an attack on the first succeeds, the second falls away by default . For the reasons covered on here many times and articulated in the club's statement we are attacking the integrity of the investigation and quite rightly so.

The right to a fair trial is a fundamental Human Right under Article 6 of the European Convention on civil rights. Whether that specific article applies to this particular case is one for the lawyers but the point is that the same standards should be applied to any form of regulatory proceedings. To ensure that this is the case it's imperative that an investigation is conducted with objectivity.

By way of illustation, this principle has recently been articulated in guidelines for our Government Counter Fraud Profession which says (in a statement of the blindingly obvious);

"Whether operating in a criminal, civil, disciplinary or regulatory field, investigators are expected to display the highest standards of professionalism, objectivity, fairness, expertise, integrity and vision. The conduct of all investigationswill abide by these principles and if a conflict of interests exists, investigators will disclose this fact at the earliest opportunity"

The guidance goes on in a similar vein and is aimed at investigators in this country and has been adopted by all the largest investigatory bodies including the police. The point being that the principles described are fundamental to a properly conducted enquiry anywhere at any time.

I leave it to you to judge, on what little we know, whether this process has been conducted to any "standard of professionalism, objectivity, fairness, expertise or vision"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.