Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stench of irony that emanates from this paragraph is almost too much to bear:

"As increasing questions have been asked of the sports-washing of their Abu Dhabi owners – using City as a PR tool to legitimise a corrupt regime – City’s fanbase have become staunch defenders of something they actually know little about."

It's been quite astonishing to see Abu Dhabi's transformation into a supposed rogue state akin to North Korea since the dippers and a handful of embittered journalists started banging this particular drum.

Sam Cunningham who has ‘failed Daily Mail journalist’ amongst his list of achievements... a bitter no mark and his ramblings should be ignored by all but his fellow sociopaths.

I am curious, but why exactly would Abu Dhabi be interested in "Sport washing" it's image? As far as I'm aware, no one gave a shit about Abu Dhabi, it wasn't under any scrutiny at all, no international sanctions, no threats to it's regime. I don't really see the incentive for them to give a shit what anyone else thinks of them, they have a shit ton of money and no one has been turning them away as they invest all over the world. No one gives a shit what your reputation is if you are a buyer, just look at Saudi Arabia

Thought I'd watch the FA Cup highlights on the BBC....

Jason Mohammad presents highlights of the FA Cup final at Wembley. Victory for Manchester City against Watford will give them a second major domestic cup trophy of the season.

Fuck me! How petty.
it's right though isn't it? Only 2 domestic cups..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.