Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Harris enjoys his few seconds of fame, I hope it was all worth it because the reality will dawn soon that he will never get near our club, players or manager again.

We would all hope not but even more of a put down for this slimeball would be for City to allow him into the pressers but never take a question from him again. Ever.

Spot on. A handful of weirdos have coined a phrase that fits their narrative and are now frantically trying to push it as absolute gospel.

Abu Dhabi has come under far more scrutiny and sustained far more reputational damage since Sheikh Mansour took over the club. Prior to that, it was regularly heralded by the British media as the model that all other Middle East states should look to emulate.

These people didn't care about Abu Dhabi's actions before City were winning everything in sight, and they'll go back to not caring once we stop.

Thinking about it now, and I had completely forgotten, wasn't the initial idea of the ADUG investments to spread and promote their name, as an image making project for when the oil runs out?

Also, another obvious point that is constantly overlooked, but why is the money our owners have put into the club never just considered an investment? Instead they act like they've just thrown money down the shitter, rather than wisely invested to increase the value of the company? They act like the only way to make money from a business is making a profit, so we'll never make a billion in profit so we've wasted the money, but that's not how investing works at all?

Even with David Conn's presumably generously inflated figure of £1.3bn investment, we sold 14% to the Chinese for £265m, meaning the club was valued at about £1.9bn? So that's a handy £600m in gains already, with the club obviously poised to only increase in value. Again, am I missing something?

Spot on. A handful of weirdos have coined a phrase that fits their narrative and are now frantically trying to push it as absolute gospel.

Abu Dhabi has come under far more scrutiny and sustained far more reputational damage since Sheikh Mansour took over the club. Prior to that, it was regularly heralded by the British media as the model that all other Middle East states should look to emulate.

These people didn't care about Abu Dhabi's actions before City were winning everything in sight, and they'll go back to not caring once we stop.
It's about time the press were called out for the racists they are.

It's so obviously well orchestrated, and a well planned operation, I am surprised that some in the media have not noticed the pattern all season, City go top FFP allegations, Liverpool go top allegations disappear, most City fans have noticed it, and I am not a tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist, who is behind it all that is where the club should be digging

Samuel seems to think City reckon United are the main ones driving it. I was more inclined to think it would be Liverpool as the prime ones domestically with United egging them on from the sidelines.

I had a bit of a spat with a Liverpool fan on Twitter about them managing to escape a punishment for FFP breaches in 2015, saying it helps when you've got Rick Parry on the inside. His response was that Parry's son works for City so why would he stitch us up. This came as a complete surprise to me and I asked him to provide evidence that his son works for us. I'm still waiting but if he can prove it, it perhaps puts a different angle on things

Last edited:
Yet no media campaign to bemoan players ending their careers in good old China - that's a "well earned pay day". I also believe if you're American under 30, black and from an inner city you get excellent treatment in the American judicial system.
This moralising about country's Human Rights records seems highly selective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.