Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media are desperate to drum up some kind of interest in the CL final. No one outside this country will be remotely interested. Even in this country it’s hardly mouth-watering. Let’s face it, it would be an underwhelming Carabao Cup final match-up. Which is actually about where these two teams should be. Calling it a ‘champions’ league final when neither have been champions in the premier league era, and spuds have to go back to before the moon landings ffs, is a joke.

The media are desperate to drum up some kind of interest in the CL final. No one outside this country will be remotely interested. Even in this country it’s hardly mouth-watering. Let’s face it, it would be an underwhelming Carabao Cup final match-up. Which is actually about where these two teams should be. Calling it a ‘champions’ league final when neither have been champions in the premier league era, and spuds have to go back to before the moon landings ffs, is a joke.

The two opponents in the Champions' League final total around 90 years since they last won their domestic league.

Scouse gobshites in work the other day thought I was joking when I said I'd rather sit on my back door step and watch the grass growing. The CL Final ain't even registering on my give-a-flying-fuck-ometer.

Sounds a tad bitter, mate.

It's still the premier European competition and the final has a huge European and global profile and status.

"Champions League" is marketing guff. We all know that. But the name is immaterial. It's the competition that matters. And Spurs have beaten great teams to get to the final (and beaten teams that beat great teams). They are there on merit.

At the end of the day we all know what we sign up for when we enter it.....

It’s not really a Champions League is it , it should of been Re branded when they changed it...

I think it’s very flawed but Spurs are there we are not regardless of how many games we/they lost in the Chumps League ...

Spurs champions of Europe ! Sounds better than a scouse wank a thon , plus it will piss off Arsenal loads , never forgot that letter!

Tbf whoever wins it will get patted on the head, have their hair ruffled, and everyone with half a brain will say ‘awwww’.

‘Champions’ League.

Cringe.

It really should he re-titled

‘ European League Trophy ‘

As has been said before, Dippers and Spuds are ‘champions’ of fcuk all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.