Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Leroy, more than anybody, has suffered from KDBs injury blighted season. Kevin is the guy who plays to his strengths, just cast your mind back to that incredible goal against Stoke last season. I think Leroy is an amazing talent. I would rather keep him for two seasons and lose him on a free, than sell him to those Bavarian scumbags.

Last edited:
I think Leroy, more than anybody, has suffered from KDBs injury blighted season. Kevin is the guy who plays to his strengths, just cast your mind back to that incredible goal against Stoke last season. I think Leroy is an amazing talent. I would rather keep him for two seasons and lose him on a free, than sell him to those Bavarian scumbags.

Absolutely true. Everyone talks about Leroy not as good against low blocks and packed defences, but it's because we play slower in transitions without KDB. It was evident in the last game against Watford when Kev came on. He plays quicker and is better on counter attacks which plays to Leroy and Gabby strengths better. With the 2 Silvas and/or Gundogan we may have good control, but can't play as quickly thus lots of times when we get possession it goes back to Ederson to play from the back. Of course when this happens opposition can fall back into a defensive shape better. Kev also drops back as a deep lying playmaker at times to play balls into space for Leroy to run onto.

Last edited:

Good analysis, but I think Merlin's relative drop-off in form has been just as important. They developed a perfect understanding last season (i.e. 2017-18). Time and time again, Leroy would time his run perfectly on the outside of his marking full-back just as Dave would play one of his slide-rule passes just inside the full-back, leaving him for dead and Leroy in acres of space. Then a fizzing cross low across the box to where Raz was waiting to tap it in. It happened many times, and was a thing of beauty. It has hardly happened this season.

I don't really see the appeal for Leroy to go to Bayern. He plays in the best team in the world, under the best manager. We will be able to match any wage they offer him. He has a much better chance of winning in Europe with us than them.

I know Bayern are a huge club, but they've won the league season after season recently. If he goes there and wins the league, it's nothing special.

From City's perspective, it's going to either be a great bit of business and we'll end up getting £100m + for him. Or we keep him and he gets a few more trophies to add to his collection.

Personally, I think Leroy has suffered because of Mendy. (I know he’s been injured, but hear me out). Without Mendy, Leroy has been able to hug the touch line and cut in usually behind the full back to latch onto David Silva’s passes. Zinchenko is perfect for this as he generally cuts infield whereas when Mendy plays he invariably moves to the touch line to whip in his crosses. The other side is similar in that Walker is more of a touch line hugger and Danilo likes to cut inside. If you look at Sterling on the left, he prefers to cut in, leaving Mendy to do what he’s good at. I’ve noticed that the times when Mendy and Leroy have both played that there is a stutter on hat side as they both seem to not anticipate what the other is going to do. The left hand side is, I think, where we get most of our crosses and tap-ins, so is a very important part of our play. Maybe I’m wrong, but that is what it has looked like for me...( apologies for lack of paragraphing, but I only got a CSE Grade 4 at school for English. Not one of my strong subjects!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.