It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

All we really need is a decent penalty taker.

=> Centurions and Quadruplions.

It looks like they'll be spending big again but on that midfield this time. We shouldn't be standing still and letting our rivals over take us and if we dont sign anyone and refresh the team it will be very difficult to retain the title.
Even if we sign nobody we won’t stand still because we’ll hopefully have De Bruyne and Mendy back to full fitness which gives us a completely different dimension with crosses from the right and left. A fit Mendy also gives us the option to play 3 at the back as well which will give us more tactical flexibility.

As much as I am unconvinced by Mahrez so far hopefully his confidence will be sky high now knowing that the penalty miss at Anfield didn’t cost us the title and scoring on the final day of the season. Foden will give us more energy, more intensity and more goals from midfield as he slowly takes the workload off Silva. I think we’ll see Jesus start more games as well, with and without Sergio if we can keep Mendy fit and play 3 at the back in some games.

It looks like they'll be spending big again but on that midfield this time. We shouldn't be standing still and letting our rivals over take us and if we dont sign anyone and refresh the team it will be very difficult to retain the title.
They wont get near the same points total next season. Everything went their way this season. Injuries, decisions, time between matches, media and catching teams at the right moment (star players injured or tired/out of form). Where as we had bad injuries, bad decisions, terrible media, etc and still only dropped 2 points from previous season.
Alison looks a bit over confident.
Defence looks solid but backups are definitely below standard.
Midfield is only missing creative player player but again no backup. Fabinho, keita, Chamberlain are good players but the rest are just busy.
Front 3 are very good at causing panic and mayhem in defenses. Decent finishers but again after that very poor. Again they lucked out with origi getting important goals, wont happen again imo.

Summary

They need 1 creative mid for 1st team.
Gk, lb, CB, am and 2 forwards for cover. They cant be as lucky as last time with injuries and form.

We will end up with more points next season with the squad we have now. Replace Vinny and a back up left back and we'll smash our own record book.

In the 100 point season - there were a few games like Soton at home, Bournemouth away where we were fortunate. Last year in contrast there were very few games where we were fortunate- maybe Leicester at home - but there were quite a few where we were unlucky - Townsend will never score a goal like that again. I do think we can get close to 100 again next year if we freshen the squad a little and get a decent DM and some cover at LB.

Lets keep Otamendi, promote Garcia to the first team, Fernandinho can cover in an emergency and then next season start to introduce Taylor Harwood-Bellis.
Keep Sane
Keep Gundogan and spend big on a DM
Keep Danilo and introduce Frimpong gradually
One signing is all we need
Net Spend Champions

Good post.

Would rather we keep Danilo and give him more game time than sign any other RB. Ditto for Otamendi.

Spend big on DM and we are good to go. De Bruyne and Mendy back will be like two signings. Mahrez will improve in his second season. Jesus will improve.

Pay what it takes to bring in our number 1 DM target which I believe to be a max of £70m.

If we get more players in for reasonable sums, that will be great but when I’m hearing £90m for Maguire, £50m+ for Chilwell, €120m for João Félix, £71m for Bruno Fernandes, £50m+ for Wan Bissaka, Cancelo €60m... I am sick to my stomach. None of these players are worth even close to these fees.

We are not desperate so we don’t have to pay such fees. Get a DM in. Convince the others to stay, everyone will get game time.

Players such as Otamendi and Danilo are unlikely to remain if they don’t think they will play frequently. Really do not foresee either staying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.