Oleks Zinchenko - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nv9qap.jpg
Nice flip flops.

very impressive. He looked a bit faster than I thought. Quick feet and nice vision for the right pass. We would be crazy not to give him an opportunity in Ferns position.

I don't understand why he hasn't already.

As a fullback, he's a pretty shit defender, but as a midfielder he's probably pretty decent & he used to be a good creative player.

very impressive. He looked a bit faster than I thought. Quick feet and nice vision for the right pass. We would be crazy not to give him an opportunity in Ferns position.
Doesn't even have to be Fern's position, he can play in the midfield next to the DM with another midfielder playing a little higher.

Doesn't have to do David Silva's role with an attacking fullback and winger allowed to come inside.

Random, but I remember a few years back when we loaned David Pizarro for half a season and Mancini had him playing as a type of deep lying playmaker.

He didn't play much because it was the tail end of his career but I remember the odd moment of brilliance of him sweeping up the ball and pinging it all over the pitch and quickly transition defense to attack. I remember thinking how I wished we had him 10 years sooner.

Anyways I wonder if Zinchenko would be effective in a similar role. He's got the technical ability but can handle some defensive duties as well.

Random, but I remember a few years back when we loaned David Pizarro for half a season and Mancini had him playing as a type of deep lying playmaker.

He didn't play much because it was the tail end of his career but I remember the odd moment of brilliance of him sweeping up the ball and pinging it all over the pitch and thinking how I wished we had him 10 years sooner.

Anyways I wonder if Zinchenko would be effective in a similar role. He's got the technical ability but can handle some defensive duties as well.
How many times did we get players who we wished were 10 year's younger back in the day, well in a few years time other fans will be saying the same about our players that have left, happy days

I have always craved that moment he gets the opportunity to play on the left side of midfield properly not that false full back thingy. I think he'll surprise quite a number of us and I reckon he can stake a claim to that position.

No offense to Foden but I think this guy has the tools to do better than the former. I hope he gets the opportunity someday. Call it hyperbole but in that advanced midfield role, he can surpass even Gundogan who I think does better playing deeper.

He is such a little magic man.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.