Matthijs de Ligt

Psg is a great move for him if true. At 19 he would have been crazy to come to the Prem. In France it's a step above the Dutch league, he can financially be secure and remain relatively fresh for the Champs league and the Dutch national team. Very very good move as he can consider the Prem, Liga or Bundesliga when he hits his early to mid twenties. His agent has looked after de ligt and likely himself well on that deal if its true.

A great move?! Besides the money he would be better staying at Ajax!

I am ok with him going to PSG as long as City dont sign Maguire.

Keep the money for someone who can make the difference.

Why did Sergio Aguero and Yaya Toure sign for City before we won trophies? The exact same reason De Ligt is going to PSG, money. If we all had a choice to get 150k or 350k a week we'd all go for 350k. He's a football player, not a football fan and I don't blame the lad. Got to do what's best for himself and his family because it's a short career.

A great move?! Besides the money he would be better staying at Ajax!
Better contract, better players, better league, likely to be a nice place to live, raises his profile even more within world football, did I mention better contract, can remain relatively fresh before he decides to move on and continue his development. Ticks all the boxes for a 19 year old who has the best part of a 16 year career ahead of him.

What happens if he goes on to be a brilliant player? PSG will slap a ridiculous price tag on his head, bump his wages to astronomical figures and he'll be stuck there.

What happens if he goes on to be a brilliant player? PSG will slap a ridiculous price tag on his head, bump his wages to astronomical figures and he'll be stuck there.
Probably threaten to run his contract down so PSG end up getting zilch if they don't sell him. If they dig in he can go on a free and pick up a signing on fee of a zillion pounds. The day he signs that PSG contract he is in control.

Still only 19.

He will run his contract down most likely and get a move in 4 or 5 years. He wills still only be 23/24.

At the end of the day I just think this is Raiola's doing.

He was always going to want to get two or three big moves for his player.

I said on here last week that the club whom signs him next will get the £100m defender, not the club this summer.

Ouch. Stuck in Paris on a lot of money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.