Matthijs de Ligt

Why did Sergio Aguero and Yaya Toure sign for City before we won trophies? The exact same reason De Ligt is going to PSG, money. If we all had a choice to get 150k or 350k a week we'd all go for 350k. He's a football player, not a football fan and I don't blame the lad. Got to do what's best for himself and his family because it's a short career.
Aguero, Yaya & Silva etc moved to City because of the project sold to them, underpinned by wages matched only by the very best. The convincer to the dream was the top end wages. Do you honestly think Yaya & Aguero came here simply for the dough? Not even the mega wages on offer could convince Kaka, but City had no choice back then other than to pay top dollar for fees & wages.

I saw a stat the other day saying we'd spent £1.5bn gross, in transfer fees since 2008. What wasn't mentioned was how far behind the starting line City were at the time in comparison to Europe's best, & that we had Hughes as our manager, when trying to attract football's best talent to move us from being perennial strugglers, to becoming serial winners with Guardiola as our manager.

As it stands, our record player purchase is over 3 times less than the world record, & ManUre, Chelsea & the Dippers have paid out more for their record buys than we have. A bit of perspective is required here.

What happens if he goes on to be a brilliant player? PSG will slap a ridiculous price tag on his head, bump his wages to astronomical figures and he'll be stuck there.

Guess he'll sign for counseling on how to survive that hard life in Paris with 500k per week. Poor boy.

Far from being done according to Di Marzio and his associates.
Could easily end up in the same way than with de Jong if Barcelona decides to gazump once again the deal.

Still, would be a good story :

Offer is supposed to be 5 year deal, 10 M net + 5 M bonus (3 for Ligue 1 win + 2 for CL semi final).

Far from being done according to Di Marzio and his associates.
Could easily end up in the same way than with de Jong if Barcelona decides to gazump once again the deal.

Still, would be a good story :

You're gonna choke in those wages though.

You're gonna choke in those wages though.
Yeah, i put the supposed wage package (15 M bonus included) in an edit of my post.

Dunno what exactly will happen it this goes through but it was rumoured Thiago Silva and/or Kimpembe could be let go to recoup transfer fee and salary space.

At least, if he joins PSG, he will make the unanimity against his choice. Hilarious to see how all supporters from all the world supporting even rival teams are moaning. They would prefer to see him at their rivals instead of seeing him being wasted at PSG. Hahaha.

Last edited:
Yeah, i put the supposed wage package (15 M bonus included) in an edit of my post.

Dunno what exactly will happen it this goes through but it was rumoured Thiago Silva and/or Kimpembe could be let go to recoup transfer fee and salary space.

At least, if he joins PSG, he will make the unanimity against his choice. Hilarious to see how all supporters from all the world supporting even rival teams are moaning. They would prefer to see him at their rivals instead of seeing him being wasted at PSG. Hahaha.

Football fans. Going mental when someone say something bad and wrong about their club, but all too happy to belittle other clubs and saying bad and wrong things about them.

Only allure with PSG is money under Qataris, no one has those sort of limitless finances - always down to choice between money and sporting project

Plus, pizza boy always gets the exorbitant agent fee he seeks - only desperate clubs make that deal with the devil

I've read he's going away to think, but wants playing time before going to somewhere like Barca.

The only place where he'll guarantee the money and the game time will be at United.

Everywhere else is a competition for places.

No Champions League at OT though, could rule them out.

A transfer to PSG would come with a huge salary increase, guaranteed playing time in a relatively low pressure environment, and a shot at a champions league title all while leaving the door open to move to another "elite" club in a few years time. Oh, and you get to live in Paris. Why is anyone confused why a 19 year old kid would find PSG appealing?

Last edited:
A transfer to PSG would come with a huge salary increase, guaranteed playing time in a relatively low pressure environment, and a shot at a champions league title all while leaving the door open to move to another "elite" club in a few years time. Oh, and you get to live in Paris. Why is anyone confused why a 19 year old kid would find PSG appealing?
Paris is a shithole

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.