It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

Sterling explained that he had been controlling the ball with the outside of his boot, but Guardiola spotted this and advised against it. The City manager told his player that he was losing a split second by controlling a pass this way, and corrected this tiny flaw in Sterling's game.

"When I used to dribble, I’d be on the wing and I'd control it with the outside of my foot – it slows the ball down," Sterling told reporters on Monday, ahead of England's friendly with Italy at Wembley.

"'If you control it like this,' (Guardiola said to Sterling), 'the ball's stuck under your feet... One touch, open up quicker'. [Guardiola] has switched my brain back on. 'Oh yeah — why aren't I doing that?'"

Pep is on another level.
He is but so was Sterling. That's why we dropped 50 mill on a lad barely out of his 20s.

Very true, he definitely wasn’t a nobody from the second divison. Honestly though, the examples I think are even more impressive are those of Aguero and David Silva. Both world class talents when he arrived they each took a step up and, in my opinion, have each played the best football of their careers at age 30+. I don’t know if thats technical coaching (probably not), the system, man management, or the standards going up, but to make a difference in players like that is amazing
Very true, he definitely wasn’t a nobody from the second divison. Honestly though, the examples I think are even more impressive are those of Aguero and David Silva. Both world class talents when he arrived they each took a step up and, in my opinion, have each played the best football of their careers at age 30+. I don’t know if thats technical coaching (probably not), the system, man management, or the standards going up, but to make a difference in players like that is amazing
It's true. Like I said as well as Pep himself bthere is something about the tactics he implements which give are players an extra 2 or 3 yards.

Well Real aren't holding back in this window, another player signed, Mendy a defender. FFP obviously doesn't apply to these ****s, a squad of thirty five players so far and I hope they're left with them all at the end of the window.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.