Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, anyone had a look at the picture the BBC are using to announce the Premier League fixtures, truly pathetic from what is supposed to be our national non biased broadcaster.
I have just complained to the BBC online.
https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/?lang=en&reset=&uid=640422838#anchor
I suggest other fans could do also. If they get complaints someone, somewhere might pay attention sometime?
"Premier League bias in reporting of new Premier League fixtures.
Photograph of Liverpool holding CL trophy is not relevant to the Premier League which the article is about. Article leads with Liverpool rather than the PL Champions Manchester City. Throughout last season the BBC sport coverage was completely biased in favour of Liverpool and so with a new season the same bias continues. Acknowledge the current PL champions when reporting on a PL story and report fairly and even handedly on the clubs.
If this had been an article on the Champions League a photo of Liverpool and leading with their fixtures would have been appropriate, but it's not.
The continued bias of the sports section in the BBC in favour of Liverpool and Manchester United is blatant and constant. Please give independent neutral coverage as the BBC charter."

Last edited:
I suggest other fans could do also. If they get complaints someone, somewhere might pay attention sometime?
Photograph of Liverpool holding CL trophy is not relevant to the Premier League which the article is about. Article leads with Liverpool rather than the PL Champions Manchester City. Throughout last season the BBC sport coverage was completely biased in favour of Liverpool and so with a new season the same bias continues. Acknowledge the current PL champions when reporting on a PL story and report fairly and even handedly in the clubs.
If this had been an article on the Champions League a photo of Liverpool and leading with their fixtures would have been appropriate, but it's not.
The continued bias of the sports section in the BBC in favour of Liverpool and Manchester United is blatant and biased. Please give independent neutral coverage as the BBC charter."
complaint made - won't be holding my breath for a balanced response!

Haha, anyone had a look at the picture the BBC are using to announce the Premier League fixtures, truly pathetic from what is supposed to be our national non biased broadcaster.

Then you look at the page it links to and it has the City team photo at the top. And the photo at the top of the main page for the live reporting is of John Stones with the trophy. It's not like we've been airbrushed from history.

Then you look at the page it links to and it has the City team photo at the top. And the photo at the top of the main page for the live reporting is of John Stones with the trophy. It's not like we've been airbrushed from history.

Any fair minded person would see the BBC's bias here. First page big picture on the day the Premier League fixtures are announced is obviously going to be the reigning Premier League champions not the team in second place. Perverse to think anything else.

Photograph of Liverpool holding CL trophy is not relevant to the Premier League which the article is about. Article leads with Liverpool rather than the PL Champions Manchester City. Throughout last season the BBC sport coverage was completely biased in favour of Liverpool and so with a new season the same bias continues. Acknowledge the current PL champions when reporting on a PL story and report fairly and even handedly in the clubs.
The continued bias of the sports section in the BBC in favour of Liverpool and Manchester United is blatant and biased. Please give independent neutral coverage as the BBC charter."
Annoying isnt it... I think we just got to accept it though, it isnt going to change, it's mainly clickbait bringing in customers from the biggest fanbases..... It will never ever change, look at how much chelsea get, they're now supposed to be a big club but they still get less coverage than the media fav big two.

I think of it as giant slaying... All these "financially established" clubs with all their media doping, all their pundits on TV, all their political help from UEFA, and we are still beating all of that. Our owners have to be applauded for what they're trying to do, it's near impossible to break this cartel of clubs and media.

In my opinion, no, it wasn't.
I disagree strongly. Even when you played jumpers for goalposts, it hits your arm it's no goal, one of the most basic unwritten rules of the game all fans of the sport used to agree on.

It's also weird how an "unintentional offside" can be a matter of centimetres and we mostly accept it(I did for Aguero's), either your onside or your off, the cameras clear it up. You take it on the chin, even if there was no intent to gain an advantage and none was gained(as in Agueros case).... But then some want to say a goal that wouldn't have happened without a vital deflection off the elbow is ok because "he didn't mean it" and his arm wasn't in an "unnatural position"? Both terms obviously meant to describe a defender stopping a shot at goal to begin with. I will never accept that decision wasn't a mistake.

Any fair minded person would see the BBC's bias here. First page big picture on the day the Premier League fixtures are announced is obviously going to be the reigning Premier League champions not the team in second place. Perverse to think anything else.
It really is strange to have the main picture on your Homepage showing someone with the Champions League trophy when the lead story is the new Premier League fixtures. It is just plain stupid but the BBC's football coverage is so bad these days I am not surprised.

I disagree strongly. Even when you played jumpers for goalposts, it hits your arm it's no goal, one of the most basic unwritten rules of the game all fans of the sport used to agree on.

It's also weird how an "unintentional offside" can be a matter of centimetres and we mostly accept it(I did for Aguero's), either your onside or your off, the cameras clear it up. You take it on the chin, even if there was no intent to gain an advantage and none was gained(as in Agueros case).... But then some want to say a goal that wouldn't have happened without a vital deflection off the elbow is ok because "he didn't mean it" and his arm wasn't in an "unnatural position"? Both terms obviously meant to describe a defender stopping a shot at goal to begin with. I will never accept that decision wasn't a mistake.

If it wasn't for opinions, what would we talk about!

If it wasn't for opinions, what would we talk about!
True, I just can't see how any blue was ok with that in such a big game, with VAR in place.

For what it's worth it should never have come down to one goal(even though it did mathematically), we were so much better than them on the night but gifedt them two one on one one opportunities from mistakes at the back, which Son took full advantage of. Also the penalty miss and 3 players switching off on the off chance the ball was going out of play in the first leg didn't help.

What makes the BBC's reporting of the opening day fixtures point more towards bias than incompetence is they don't even have coverage of the champions league. They do however cover the premier league and fa cups but I guess because we won them both it makes it a bit awkward for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.