Matthijs de Ligt

The most cringe worthy one is when fans say only

"a player without ambition and looking for money will chose X over City."

Rags ysed to say this all the time. Now I come across it more often on Bliemoon than on Big soccer. That's just sad :(

Th

Rags ysed to say this all the time. Now I come across it more often on Bliemoon than on Big soccer. That's just sad :(

Th

I ll top you. "He would have broken the wage structure".

Whilst true sometimes that crap along with what you've said is used to manage the fans expectations without them realising it. Once you go down that rabbit hole there's often no coming back. I saw Wenger do it to Arsenal over his last 10 years with their fans ramming net spend and how their the best run club down are throats when we begun to spend and win. Look where Arsenal are now. Now we are doing the same thing justify all manner of issues. Given are history and knowledge of how we know we have been treated remarks about a players ambition or spending strucure are mind boggling.

Th

My favourite is still when people say "we need to walk away" because a player has the temerity to not burn all bridges and sign for us by the first of June. Some proper daft sods on here.

You are in a league with no competition
Paying kids to go there to stagnate
Hugh fees and salaries

Can we get the fuck back to the thread topic
Start a PSG thread in the general forum
It's a de ligt thread and he is respinding/clarifying why he, de ligt would choose psg over city.
He is also correct.

Wish De Ligt would sign for somebody .........................anybody really , so we can close this fucking thread .

I could not agree with you more. I love City, but its not a partisan utd or Liverpool poem writing love for City. Once City get into the pattern of looking down your nose at others because they have money to spend, or pontficating about how are players play for the shirt, we might as well pull on that red shirt and start singing how Pep will never walk alone.
It breaks my heart when I hear some of are fans talk about City's spending plan and how we are well run club. We sound like bloody arsenal who have won the net spend trophy for the 15th year running.

Anyway it appears that we may agree on at least one thing.

Tell u that what if you can arrange for Psg to give us this player on a free, I will declare that Mbappe is currently the best player in the world.

https://www.google.com/search?q=psg...d=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=_RcABiiVRrWSMM:
I couldn't agree most with this post. Who are we to slate PSG for spending money. Robinho, Adebayor, Tevez and Silva wouldn't have come if it wasn't for the money. We wouldn't be where we are without the money, yet because we've won a few league titles we look down on a Club doing the exact same as us. It's laughable.

We've changed our business model, our transfer strategy is more measured and you'll get fans on here slating others for spending big amounts of money. If the shoe was on the other foot, you wouldn't hear a word.

I don't want to become another Liverpool banging on about net spend, if we spend 150m on one player I couldn't care less. Some of our fans on here are starting to believe that you've got to spend in a certain way or else it doesn't count, and that's mainly down to the media bullying us that we have to do things the "right way". I don't really want to become another Arsenal in doing it the "right way". We've got to stop trying to conform to what everyone is telling us and spend our money how we want to spend it, and not how are being told to do so. Our club and some of our fans are starting to believe in this "right way" whilst PSG and Real Madrid are battering the transfer market and are putting 2 fingers up to Uefa. When they end up with a Champions League, who cares? They won't get a ban regardless.

Hypocrisy at its finest.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.