Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not the fact that Dortmund would like Bayern to get Sané that much. They want Sané and any talented player (even better if he is german) to play in Bundesliga. And at the moment, only Bayern can afford him.

PL thanks to the money, is taking all the talents away, players and coachs. This enhances the competitivity and appeal of the league which increases even more their financial edge over other leagues, and so on.

What he is hoping for is Bundesliga closing some gap, which will benefit his club in the long term.

But i do understand this public tapping up is annoying.
Whilst I normally agree with you, Bayern strengthening and running away with the league for the 8th year in a row is the opposite of strengthening the Bundesliga.

Whilst I normally agree with you, Bayern strengthening and running away with the league for the 8th year in a row is the opposite of strengthening the Bundesliga.
Well, it is sad but it is a truth.

Several french clubs were happy when PSG bought Neymar because they knew they would get more money and the league would get a better appeal. Even the LFP CEO said he managed to sell the TV rights for a bigger amount thanks to the star power of PSG.

From the own words of Dortmund guy, he says it will be good for the "appeal of the league". They know they can't compete financially with Bayern, the same way french clubs can't compete with PSG. So, it is better for them if, at least, something good comes out of it. It doesn't mean he is not ambitious.

It shows what a joke the Bundesliga is... Dortmund bow before Bayern and regularly sell their best players to them.
It is not true.

Lewandowski ran down his contract and went to Bayern for free because Dortmund vehemently refused to sell him, even when he publicly asked to leave for their rivals.
Gotze got bought thanks to a clause. Dortmund could not do anything about it. They have learnt their lesson and don't put clause anymore in their contracts.
Only Hummels was sold to Bayern actually and he was a former Bayern player. He was sold for a decent fee while he had not many time left on his contract.

Several french clubs were happy when PSG bought Neymar because they knew they would get more money and the league would get a better appeal. Even the LFP CEO said he managed to sell the TV rights for a bigger amount thanks to the star power of PSG.

From the own words of Dortmund guy, he says it will be good for the "appeal of the league". They know they can't compete financially with Bayern, the same way french clubs can't compete with PSG. So, it is better for them if, at least, something good comes out of it. It doesn't mean he is not ambitious.
It is sad that clubs (e.g. Arsenal and Dortmund) “reach” for the CL and the pocket money they get from TV to survive, virtually knowing they are only going to spend what is necessary to make them competitive for the CL places in their league.

We are so far down the road of a Euro Super League it’s not funny! The only issue now is who are the inaugural members and how much and how many if they have a relegation system!

Money, eh! Ruins everything!

The reason no one (tv companies) pays fuck all for German football is because it’s a precession mate. And with all the best will in the world, Sane isn’t Neymar (even though I’d prefer the former at this club) in terms of global appeal.

The reason no one (tv companies) pays fuck all for German football is because it’s a precession mate. And with all the best will in the world, Sane isn’t Neymar (even though I’d prefer the former at this club) in terms of global appeal.
Oh i know he is not Neymar, far from it in marketing term.

But it is their hope, at least from his own words. I see him more like Mbappé. The young "star" that comes back/plays in his country. It is a good story telling.

From talking to some German fans, it appears they dislike much more the fact their talents go abroad than Bayern cherrypicking the best.

the german league is very good quality,so is the French league ,I cant understand any fan in those leagues just giving up and hoping the top team gets more players,its as if they have given up,that carries on and Bayern,psg will push for a breakaway and who can blame them if the others don't give a fuck

Germans are cult. At least in football. From time to time it gets deeper. I'm not surprised one bit about Dortmund's guy words. Dortmund has or had everything to really challenge Bayern domestically. Huge crowds, Klopp, some great players, lot of sympathy worldwide, very good scouting.. they finished happy being Bayern followers while accusing City for football wrongdoings. This same **** who wants their main rival to bring the player who could stop them two being rivals, was the one who was saying all kind of shit about City few times.

But they do it right way. The German way. ****s and pussies. The biggest crowds in Europe and can't do the shit with that potential. Someone clever, with the base they have (their following and huge sympathies they have around the globe) could build big, big brand and successful club. But they are happy to be owned by fans and to have Bayern save them from bankruptcy generously playing a friendly with them, one by one, each few years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.