Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want de Ligt but think in the end either Barca or PSG will get him. Genuinely think we will get maguire though as it seems that pep likes him and can’t see the club buying maguire at the numbers mentioned just because he is English? Helps mind but if it was a homegrown thing then we could get waaaaaaayyyy cheaper than this to cover it.

It's not to keep from looking stupid, it's because if we want him then cost shouldn't matter!
He’s shite. I’m questioning your sanity if you think with an FFP ban looming and Bayern thinking they can get sane for £40m you think it’s a good idea to bid in excess of 90m for a player who is at best worth no more than 30m
Including “English tax” ??

You must be watching old vids of Franco Baresi mate by accident

Ffp and cost matters. Unless it’s a once in a lifetime talent Fuck no !! He’s as ordinary as it gets

Just don't get this one. He's effective at Leicester within their defensive / counterattacking system, but he'll find himself playing just behind the half way line here and will get caught out. Obviously I concede that baldy knows more than me about these things, so it he wants maguire then fair enough - book a helicopter and bring him for a medical.

He’s shite. I’m questioning your sanity if you think with an FFP ban looming and Bayern thinking they can get sane for £40m you think it’s a good idea to bid in excess of 90m for a player who is at best worth no more than 30m
Including “English tax” ??

You must be watching old vids of Franco Baresi mate by accident

Ffp and cost matters. Unless it’s a once in a lifetime talent Fuck no !! He’s as ordinary as it gets

Fair shout, I agree he’s not that good, it just seems to be the going rate these days and if we don’t pay it someone will and we miss out on the best available. Even shit players seem to be £30m these days and no point us signing anyone crap because Utd or anyone snapped up the only half decent one available.

But I totally get what you’re saying about Maguire. He’s far from Baresi I agree!

Not sure who is available that would improve us or at least keep Stones & Laporte on their toes? Or not see us drop off a cliff defensively if either or both were out?

I just don’t want ffp to win and make our rivals stronger to our detriment.

If we've been able to keep an alternative CB signing quiet I'd be amazed in this day and age, which means if it's close it's either Maguire or at a massive stretch De Ligt.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.