Generation rent

The tax treatment of pensions does make it a slam dunk to be honest. If you have capacity to save then that is the best return but it is tied up. Anything you do on your own bat outside a pension is after tax paid on your wages and then you paty tax on the returns. I would recomend to anyone that they pay as much in to there pension as they can.

I accept what you say is, I principle correct but I am old enough to remember Robert Maxwell stealing all the pension money from the Daily Mirror workers, recently I met a bloke who ran quite a large industrial company but crucially he did not own it. With two years to go before retirement he found the pension fund had been bled dry then throw in all the different scams you hear about and I would be worried. Finally and perhaps more importantly the Government have now loaded the responsibility onto employers regarding pensions, what training and advice have they been given regarding what to do with your money ?

Way to many first time buyers want the dream straight away, 3 bed en suite detached with garage, rather than buy the two bed terrace that would get their foot on the ladder that they can actually afford.

Blame Thatcher.
No, blame Raheem, who is single handedly causing the housing crisis. He has bought three houses recently: one for his mum, one for his sister and one for himself, the bastard. Bayern have accused him of inflating house prices all over Europe.
Raheem Sterling, ruining the housing market since 2018.

I accept what you say is, I principle correct but I am old enough to remember Robert Maxwell stealing all the pension money from the Daily Mirror workers, recently I met a bloke who ran quite a large industrial company but crucially he did not own it. With two years to go before retirement he found the pension fund had been bled dry then throw in all the different scams you hear about and I would be worried. Finally and perhaps more importantly the Government have now loaded the responsibility onto employers regarding pensions, what training and advice have they been given regarding what to do with your money ?

Why do people conflate company pensions with running your own SIPP?

No, blame Raheem, who is single handedly causing the housing crisis. He has bought three houses recently: one for his mum, one for his sister and one for himself, the bastard. Bayern have accused him of inflating house prices all over Europe.
Raheem Sterling, ruining the housing market since 2018.
No, Robbie Fowler is more to blame.

Lot of lads in the 80's couldnt afford to buy either.....houses doubled in price one year

Indeed and I think people forget that interest rates were so high that if the same thing happened nowadays then most houses would be up for auction.

I don't think ownership or whatever is a big issue because if someone can afford to rent then they can definitely afford to buy because buying is always cheaper.

It just seems to me there is an increasing number of kids who finish uni, have nothing to their name and instead of finding work locally they decide to live in the most expensive places like London which means they are forced to rent.

Just a word of warning to all those thinking they can rent and live it up whilst waiting for mummy and dad to shuffle off leaving behind a tasty inheritance. Care home fees run at £500+ a week and they will take it from your parents savings and house sale.

Plus mummy and daddy are quite likely, if they're lucky, to live into their 90's, so you're probably going to be retired/nearly retired yourself before you get your hands on the loot!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.