FIFA Women's WC France 2019

This, this and this!!! Years of moaning about corrupt officials and all the other bollox.
They finally implement a system to eradicate a ref being ‘corrupt’ or not having a clue so has to guess on a decision and still some moan.
Just a friendly question... have you been to a game where VAR has been used? It’s terrible. It totally ruins the whole goal scoring moment. It’s ok when it’s on tv and you know what’s going on. Maybe they’ll get it right eventually but at the moment it’s an utter farce - AT THE GROUND! But hey, who’s ever bothered about the match going fan eh?

The question is will it be applied equally. Will all penalties be automatically reviewed if missed to check the keeper was on the line? If scored, will they all be reviewed to check there was no encroachment? Or only certain ones?

It might take the focus off the referee being corrupt but why should the VAR person be somehow potentially less corrupt. My personal view is that it will be used to favour certain outcomes.

I was in favour of it initially but over the last few months I have come to believe that it will do more harm than good. Not because of the system but because of its implementation.
Agree 100%

This, this and this!!! Years of moaning about corrupt officials and all the other bollox.
They finally implement a system to eradicate a ref being ‘corrupt’ or not having a clue so has to guess on a decision and still some moan.

Did you notice that France players were in the box before the pen was taken though? They see what they want to with VAR and seen to favour the big teams.

The question is will it be applied equally. Will all penalties be automatically reviewed if missed to check the keeper was on the line? If scored, will they all be reviewed to check there was no encroachment? Or only certain ones?

It might take the focus off the referee being corrupt but why should the VAR person be somehow potentially less corrupt. My personal view is that it will be used to favour certain outcomes.

I was in favour of it initially but over the last few months I have come to believe that it will do more harm than good. Not because of the system but because of its implementation.

But the implementation will always be improved

Having a ref and a couple of Linos was getting worse - to the point they need technological help. It’s the right way to go. It has to be.

Its not "big" teams it'll favour, its their "favourite" teams that it'll favour, in this case it suited for France (as hosts) to win the game, to get the easier draw in the next round.

It can be manipulated, and whilst it can, it will be.

Yeah,thats essentially what I meant. Can't bloody stand it personally

I agree in theory. Just haven't seen much to give me confidence that it is going to be applied equally and consistently.

Well at the very least we can voice that opinion if it hasn’t been applied.
We see the replays. We see the ref has communicated to those who have had a better view. We can call out these errors.
Before , if a ref got it wrong. We couldn’t. We just had to accept it.
But we gotta to give it far more time, it’s only been around a couple of years and a few tournaments.
We’ve put up with inconsistent officiating for decades - surely we can allow technology a bit of time to be implemented and ironed out - the problem is though, one dodgy VAR decision and it’s blown out of massive proportion and overrides the vast majority that it does get right which previously under normal officiating. It wouldn’t.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.