Facebook ...

It's a vacuous echo chamber where the algorithms seem intent on provocation.

On the nail young man and indeed a vacuous echo chamber full of narcissistic algorithms hell bent on cock waving and if I had to narrow it down further I would say a modern day Peyton Place full of mayhem and mischief. Never ever been a member probably with the fear that I wouldn't know what to do with my Facebook average 1000-1500 friends totals. That's an awful lot of pals to keep happy and way too much myther and bother for me and anyway Forum Life is where it's all at and is definitely the future . Model Train forums, Sports Forums, Audio Visual forums, Computer Forums and more virtual same wavelength chums than you could throw the proverbial stick at and the piece du resistance is that you never ever have to leave your own house.

However.... after having said all that it does serve a purpose. The daughter wanted shut of her Sammy 9 + as she wanted an iPhone so I bought it off her. My Moto 6 was sat in the draw and she said I will pop it on Facebook buy sell and exchange for you. Apparently you can pop the advert on different area groups and a couple came up from Manchester and we did the deed and sold on day one.. Far better than E-Bay and not a messer in sight and £120 cash on the nose so happy days.

Used to be a massive user but a lot less nowadays, Just find myself scrolling through loads of self obsessed rubbish, adverts, fake memes and those with an agenda (usually against immigrants)

Want to quit but feel like i might be missing out something if i do.
I have a personal account with only my family as 'friends'. Got a long list of requests but blank them all. My business page is brill and fetches me more and more work every day.

I opened an account just to have a nosy and see how a couple of people from my past were doing.
I didn't use my real name and have never messaged anyone. I did refuse my Mother, mother in law and sister in laws friend requests.

I run our Facebook group for the local cricket club, as I’m captain.

I’m packing in being captain at the end of this season and Facebook will be going straight away.

It’s a cesspit full of utter self-obsessed weirdos.

Reactions: mat
However.... after having said all that it does serve a purpose. The daughter wanted shut of her Sammy 9 + as she wanted an iPhone so I bought it off her. My Moto 6 was sat in the draw and she said I will pop it on Facebook buy sell and exchange for you. Apparently you can pop the advert on different area groups and a couple came up from Manchester and we did the deed and sold on day one.. Far better than E-Bay and not a messer in sight and £120 cash on the nose so happy days.
Facebook marketplace is useful mate. I have only just started using it having recently bought a bike and sold a sofa on there. No seller fees to pay like eBay, and no postage either. Buyer collects and cash in hand is hassle free like you say Bob.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.