Rodrigo Hernandez - Atletico confirm deal - p192

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep another club trying to stop us getting a replacement for Fernandinho we have to get this one over the line but city method is if you go someone else after all the negotiating they not worth the trouble.
Best team , best manager , best league in the world, great money, no contest

Let's pray it's a case of third time's a charm. If not, sorry Pep but you'll have to slot in as player manager.

What he lacks for pace he makes up with intelligence. That's why he's Busquets like. Not that slow still.
He's not actually that slow, his height probably makes it as if he's not travelling as quick. He's quicker than players such as Fabinho and Matic, and at the top of their games they get around the pitch just fine.

Watched him a few times and youtube him of course. From what I've seen he's a hybrid of both Busquets and Fern. More aggressive than Busquets, better passer than fern. If I had to choose he looks more similar to Fern with good pace. Looks like he has everything really.
I just hope the fans give him a little time to settle if he needs it.
I'm not sure this is true. A different kind of passer? Yes. A better passer, debatable. I'd say he seems a better decision maker under pressure. But he hasn't faced (or I haven't seen him under) pressure Fri. A Liverpool or Tothenham team. So we'd have to wait and see.

I’ve seen a couple of games now (only on TV so it’s difficult to see positioning) but he looks incredibly calm in possession, maybe too calm (Leroy type calm) and maybe too slow at times but seems to be very precise with his passing and safe in terms of he’ll look forward primarily but if there’s not a good option he’s happy to play sideways/backwards. I think he’ll originally get caught in possession a good few times to start, especially by high pressing teams like Liverpool but Pep must think he can improve him (or I’ve just seen games were it’s stood out, I don’t know). He does seem to have a heavy touch on occasion too, very rarely but that can happen to anyone.

Defensively he looks very strong and wins the ball back very well, even if it’s just dispossessing an opposing player and knocking it far enough away that a teammate can pick it up. There is a few times he seems slow to move his feet and gets caught 1 vs 1, however he seems to recover quickly, even though he looks slow he’s deceptively quick to cover the ground. He didn’t really have much to do in the air in the games I have seen but he’s a big unit so I think he’ll be fine.

The pace and intensity of the Premier League may catch him out at first but he’s clearly willing to work if he’s prepared to come here to be the best, if he’s willing to work Pep will undoubtably get the best out of him so it’s a very excited signing for me.
Best description of him I've seen anywhere. Like I've said in a different thread or perhaps earlier, his most outstanding quality seems to be the calmness.

He actually reminds me of Laporte a bit. Deceptively faster than you think. Good passer, but not great. Can have moments of loose touches. Very good at making the right passing decision often but doesn't have the passing touch of a superior passer. Strong tackler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.