Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. And I have absolutely no intention of ever watching anything to do with Spurs losing (I cannot even bring myself to say the Dippers...well, you know the rest).

The media in this country spent pretty much every single day of last season blowing smoke up their arses. Klipperty, Salad, Vain Dick etc, you couldn't glance at the back pages of a tabloid without seeing one or all of them gurning at you in full colour - mostly the Colgate King himself.
If I so much as put on the radio on a Saturday afternoon I knew full well I'd be greeted by Alan Green, doubled up, performing fellatio on himself whilst occasionally surfacing to scream: "Live from Anfield..." yet again. Likewise Final Score, always some fucking ex-dipper in the studio telling everyone how wonderful it will be seeing Liverpool parading the Prem trophy - except they didn't, did they? Biased Broadcasting Čunts.

We all go again in August, and I'm not expecting anything less than another dipper love-in for the entire season.
#Metonodippers# I've not watched, listened or read anything on that match apart from a few reports on here. I feel so much cleaner for it too.

I've never looked into the origins of LFC before, and it makes interesting reading, especially compared to our humble beginnings.

Essentially, a rich Tory businessman, who owned Anfield, ended up with an empty stadium after falling out with Everton, who moved to Goodison.

After deciding to start his own team, rather than recruit local players, he sent his manager to Scotland, with the brief of "finding a first class player for every position on the pitch".

Despite only playing in the Lancashire League, the wages paid to these new recruits "was not to be lowered", just because the club hadn't been accepted into the Football League.

Once they had bought their way into the First Division, their owner poached Sunderland's manager and made him the highest paid manager in England.

This subsequently led to their first two league title wins in the early 20th century. After their founder died shortly after, his family offered to wipe out the debt owed by the club, the amount of which in todays' money would run into the multi-millions.

Of course, all the above is pure fiction, as Liverpool have never 'bought success', have always spent what they've 'earned' and done things the 'right way'. They could never be considered a 'plastic club' who would go out and buy an entire team of 'foreign mercenaries'.

I've never looked into the origins of LFC before, and it makes interesting reading, especially compared to our humble beginnings.

Essentially, a rich Tory businessman, who owned Anfield, ended up with an empty stadium after falling out with Everton, who moved to Goodison.

After deciding to start his own team, rather than recruit local players, he sent his manager to Scotland, with the brief of "finding a first class player for every position on the pitch".

Despite only playing in the Lancashire League, the wages paid to these new recruits "was not to be lowered", just because the club hadn't been accepted into the Football League.

Once they had bought their way into the First Division, their owner poached Sunderland's manager and made him the highest paid manager in England.

This subsequently led to their first two league title wins in the early 20th century. After their founder died shortly after, his family offered to wipe out the debt owed by the club, the amount of which in todays' money would run into the multi-millions.

Of course, all the above is pure fiction, as Liverpool have never 'bought success', have always spent what they've 'earned' and done things the 'right way'. They could never be considered a 'plastic club' who would go out and buy an entire team of 'foreign mercenaries'.

Love reading this. THANKS

Then after wallowing in the old 2nd division for years the Moores family pitched up with their Littlewoods Pools money and while still in the 2nd division they paid the 2nd highest transfer fee in British football history for Ian St John. (The modern day equivalent would be Hull paying £80 million for a player). Other player purchases got them promoted and still more started their trophy winning run. It was only after Liverpool were successful that they started earning their own money not before.

I'm watching the 13/14 season review on sky,i forgot vinny sealed that last game with the 2nd goal but i digress

Their palace game is my fav non city game

I love that we have toyed with them on the last game of the season twice,they could have won the title but didn't

Can we do that every season please

Lol
The YouTube one with "scouse commentary" is a must watch.

Me too. And I have absolutely no intention of ever watching anything to do with Spurs losing (I cannot even bring myself to say the Dippers...well, you know the rest).

The media in this country spent pretty much every single day of last season blowing smoke up their arses. Klipperty, Salad, Vain Dick etc, you couldn't glance at the back pages of a tabloid without seeing one or all of them gurning at you in full colour - mostly the Colgate King himself.
If I so much as put on the radio on a Saturday afternoon I knew full well I'd be greeted by Alan Green, doubled up, performing fellatio on himself whilst occasionally surfacing to scream: "Live from Anfield..." yet again. Likewise Final Score, always some fucking ex-dipper in the studio telling everyone how wonderful it will be seeing Liverpool parading the Prem trophy - except they didn't, did they? Biased Broadcasting Čunts.

We all go again in August, and I'm not expecting anything less than another dipper love-in for the entire season.

I know and it's fucking sickening.

Then after wallowing in the old 2nd division for years the Moores family pitched up with their Littlewoods Pools money and while still in the 2nd division they paid the 2nd highest transfer fee in British football history for Ian St John. (The modern day equivalent would be Hull paying £80 million for a player). Other player purchases got them promoted and still more started their trophy winning run. It was only after Liverpool were successful that they started earning their own money not before.
I can add a littie to that. Moores employed his star accountant at Liverpool. The accountant worked out what the profit would be if new manager Shankley's vision were realised. He presented this to the directors, urging them to invest, which they did. Moores himself invested the majority of the money. He and the directors swapped their investment for shares.
The recruitment of St. John was just part of the biggest splurge in football history.
Of course it was successful because they had a genius manager. However even more money was required at the beginning of the 70's and Moores orovided a big cash injection for more shares. The injection was worth about half their annual turnover
PS EDIT. I believe Shankly was turned down by City for the managers position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.