Celtic Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimharri

Some of the replies on that thread; wow. If Tierney has the chance to go to Arsenal, why wouldn't he take it? The SPL is a pub league. Plus, I'd imagine that he'd be getting considerably more than he would staying at Parkhead.

Tierney will stay there for the TIAR I'd imagine, then offski. Rnagers will run them close this year though.

Lawyers are taking Celtic to court over sexual abuse claims. They're going to need all the money they can get.

Too early to congratulate them on winning the 2019/2020 title?

Too early to congratulate them on winning the 2019/2020 title?

No it’s not. It will be another, we are going for 55 pish, it’s in the bag, watp, fuck the pope, fuck fenians, orange walks urny an embarrassment, then we will win the treble again. :)

It has already happened.

Reactions: mat

Some of the replies on that thread; wow. If Tierney has the chance to go to Arsenal, why wouldn't he take it? The SPL is a pub league. Plus, I'd imagine that he'd be getting considerably more than he would staying at Parkhead.

Maybe because it’s the club he loves? He’s also earning a considerable salary for someone his age and still has plenty of time.

I support Man City too but I despise this attitude that its a pub league by people who probably don’t watch any other football outside of England.

There’s also the fact that he has 4/5 years remaining and the cheapskates Arsenal have offered less this year than what Everton offered last year.

I doubt he’ll leave unless a realistic offer is made by Arsenal.

Maybe because it’s the club he loves? He’s also earning a considerable salary for someone his age and still has plenty of time.

I support Man City too but I despise this attitude that its a pub league by people who probably don’t watch any other football outside of England.

There’s also the fact that he has 4/5 years remaining and the cheapskates Arsenal have offered less this year than what Everton offered last year.

If that bit about Arsenal offering less than Everton is true, then fair enough. I'll hold my hands up on that point. Still won't agree with you on the merits of the SPL (SPFL now, is it?). The quality of football is dreadful, even in the old firm games. It's the atmosphere that makes those games. Ditto the Edinburgh derby and the Rangers/Aberdeen clashes. Leave those games out and you're left with a pretty poor product. "Pub league" might have been overegging the pudding but I still stand by my general point.

Hi Magicpole!

If that bit about Arsenal offering less than Everton is true, then fair enough. I'll hold my hands up on that point.

To be fair they have something like £45m to spend this summer do they not? I suspect they’ll try and go as cheap as possible. If as expected Tierney has a buyout clause of £25m then I suspect they will eventually meet it. Napoli are interest too, however I’m not sure to what extent, nor do I believe it’s a goer. How many Scottish footballers have played in Italy? Unfortunately Scottish footballers don’t travel well.

Still won't agree with you on the merits of the SPL (SPFL now, is it?). The quality of football is dreadful, even in the old firm games. It's the atmosphere that makes those games. Ditto the Edinburgh derby and the Rangers/Aberdeen clashes. Leave those games out and you're left with a pretty poor product. "Pub league" might have been overegging the pudding but I still stand by my general point.

That’s fair enough, I don’t proclaim it’s fantastic - it’s not. However it’s not the worst either. It’s had a raw deal in its entire existence, having been underpaid by Sky for tv rights (albeit that was our fault back in 2002).

People compare it unfavourably against the EPL or other leagues of a much larger population, forgetting that it’s drawing from a population of just 5.4m. Fun fact - the SPFL has the highest or second highest attendances (depending on sources) per head then anywhere else in the world. It has more internet searches for the league, games and clubs than any league of comparable population. In fact more so than even the likes of Sweden which is a much larger country. The average game has a U.K. viewership of 500,000 - even the ‘diddy’ (as we call it) games, are actually comparable to U.K. viewership of most EPL games (out with the top 6 of course).

There’s no league with a comparable population that is as historied as the Scottish league and has teams of historical importance and somewhat popular/cultural relevance to that of Celtic and Rangers.

Anyway I sound like a mad man. It just got infuriates me though, I feel that modern media - especially social media - has messed up how people perceive football now for any leagues outwith the EPL, La Liga etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.