FIFA Women's WC France 2019

Not the best half of football I’ve seen. More diving and play acting than in the other games I’ve seen. Thought these were supposed to be two of the best teams in the tournament. Not been impressed.

A lot of people don't realize it but our women are ahead of our men in most sports. We're always near the top of the Olympics medal table and that largely due to our women.
The strange thing is I like and admire the players individually... but can’t stand the USA Women’s team collectively. It think it is down to feeling that within the Women’s game (and to be clear, absolutely no where else) the USA Women’s team get assistance and general favouritism that the English and Spanish teams (and others I admittedly care less about) don’t enjoy. It may only be my perception, but it has just always seemed a bit raggy.

That said, I do appreciate how much they have advanced the women’s game (and women’s sport in general), so I do try to separate those two sides.

Judging by your previous couple of posts, I'd say you're a bit wary of the Lionesses chances in the next match.
Or am just especially fond of the English and Spanish teams. ;-)

See my most recent post for more about my general stance, though, if it interests you.

FAO our US based posters: What's bigger in the US, women's football or women's basketball? I can't imagine women's gridiron or baseball gets too much attention.

France look fucked. Nerves and expectations when playing a home I guess.
So much pressure on them, especially with the men being current holders. Have a couple of French acquaintances and they desperately want both the women and men to be world champions at the same time, just to show France as dominant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.