FIFA Women's WC France 2019

On the French penalty
They failed to spot the French players encroaching on the 2nd pen
Exactly and it’s again open to manipulation,one game encroachment occurs pen missed not retaken another game same thing it then is retaken,the season ahead is gonna be really really interesting and that will have nothing to do with the actual football but VAR and refs ...

VAR will ruin the game. Said it all along. There's nowt wrong with the existing way - no VAR - talking points over a pint after the game. Instead it will be as bad if not worse than what we are seeing ................everyone who thinks the dippers and rags will no longer get the benefit of decisions but we will - think again. All clubs will need about 6 keepers as at least two will be suspended following a red card at any one time. Ref's won't make decisions - it will all end up with the square in the air but hey ho we will be getting the "right decisions" at last eh?

I know they do but the stupid new rule won't allow them to. It'll lead to plenty of shock results too. It's not like you need to really stretch a defence or beat a man to get a pen you just need to get wide and blast it. If your luck is in you're getting a pen.
Agreed mate, teams will probably train to get these penalties. Hit it as hard as you can near the box lads, it's bound to hit someone's arm...

with VAR now taking over with PEN'S and the keeper watch ?? what about the ball fully on the spot by the pen taker ??? i can see keepers putting on clown shoes about size 30 but the ball on the spot is crazy ?? having any part of the ball hanging over the spot is ok ??? football should look into the size of the pen spot and make it smaller

The toes would inhibit movement...........but.............hows about a special pair of "penalty boots" a keeper dons when a penalty is awarded. They are normal boots with a two foot hollow, lightweight heel extension? You could "step" forward but still be on the line???

The frame before when initial contact was made was briefly shown which looked like her back foot was on the line. The next frame showed her off the line which is the one initially shown hence the retake. Meanwhile about 8 minutes of messing equals two minutes of injury time
That’s the issue for me, it’s not conclusive.
The frame before she’s fine the frame after she’s not. Fine margi s like that should be left alone

Well, the keeper has to be able to jump and push off. Not surprising she was flat footed that time.
For the second one though, if she'd moved her foot after it was kicked she'd have saved it. It is what it is, but some of these rule changes are making it more complicated than is needed, though I do like the if the ball hits the referee, you get possession back, it might stop the c**ts marking our attacking midfielders next season.

For the second one though, if she'd moved her foot after it was kicked she'd have saved it. It is what it is, but some of these rule changes are making it more complicated than is needed, though I do like the if the ball hits the referee, you get possession back, it might stop the c**ts marking our attacking midfielders next season.
I like that one and the players going off at the closest touchline, just need to make sure Sergio is on the half way line when he is taken off.

Yes, I get that. But she is going to be completely flat footed, so I'm not surprised she didn't save it. She's only got to have her weight the other way and she won't be able to adjust. It's why if they insist on this, no keeper is going to save a penalty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.