City's New Kits - 2019/20

All fair points when it comes to the pure shirt sales side.

But, as I and others have said before, I think most that are disappointed with the sky blue/white/purple colours of the home kit are thinking of the fact that we won’t be playing many games (if any at all) in the anniversary kit, so it’s not particularly consequential for the club’s image (branding, if we want to use commercial speak). For the vast majority on earth watching our matches they will see the sky blue/white/purple kit, which doesn’t “look like City” to many of us established supporters. For new fans, that colour combination will be City, at least for a time.

But, as long as next season’s kit doesn’t include purple (signalling an actual club colours shift), I think we detractors will come to terms with it.

If shirts matching the clubs traditional colours actually had any significance on global branding and recognition then we actually would wear the same kit every year. At the end of the day as long as there's light blue tops and white shorts, everyone in the world will recognise it as City, regardless of accent colours.

People get far too attached to specific aspects of the club's image. Many on here were desperate for there to be some maroon trim on the socks - that didn't appear until the mid-60's, and it happened because someone decided to add in a new colour and it turned out to be popular.

Presumably there is going to be some "give" as regards sizing...usually a large and I assume they won't be skin tight like the player versions... Anyone confirm please?

Just be happy you're not a Southampton fan. They are fuming about the new kit. It's horrendous.

Jesus I'm not surprised just googled it fuck me its terrible
I see what you mean...
LD-Sports-Southampton-New-Shirt-2019-20.jpg

If shirts matching the clubs traditional colours actually had any significance on global branding and recognition then we actually would wear the same kit every year. At the end of the day as long as there's light blue tops and white shorts, everyone in the world will recognise it as City, regardless of accent colours.

People get far too attached to specific aspects of the club's image. Many on here were desperate for there to be some maroon trim on the socks - that didn't appear until the mid-60's, and it happened because someone decided to add in a new colour and it turned out to be popular.
I would argue you are vastly underrating the power of consistent branding for football clubs specifically (be it associative colours, style such as block colour or stripes, crest, and so on) and that sky blue and white (with no other accent colours) is the combination most detractors are advocating for, and are the quintessential City colours that you would be just as upset if we changed permanently (a la Cardiff City). But we’re going down the same rabbit holes already tread in the thread, so I won’t go any further.

I’ll end my small bit of feedback with just hoping purple does not become a mainstay on our home kit (and that’s from someone that actually quite likes purple as a colour).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.