Joao Cancelo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to seem greedy/ needy but please please please

IMG-5940.jpg

Walker at RB and Stones CB is much better than having Cancelo and Fern in those positions. Fern isn't a central defender at all and despite a dip in form from which he came back strongly, Walker is the best RB in the league.

We attack 90% of every game and we can do that because 4 players hold their position at all times and one of those is Walker.
correct

im sure pep instructs him what to do and by the look of it he has been told to come inside as a 3rdish cb because his pace is essential to stop the counter attack

Walker at RB and Stones CB is much better than having Cancelo and Fern in those positions. Fern isn't a central defender at all and despite a dip in form from which he came back strongly, Walker is the best RB in the league.
It’s definitely an option though. Nobody expected Mascherano to start playing in defence more than in midfield but it happened. And Pep has already tried Fern there a few times, maybe with an eye on this season? I doubt he’d be Laporte’s main partner, but I think we could well see it a fair bit. Our build up would be next level.

For whatever reason, even when fit Danilo didn’t do enough to oust Walker last season, and it would appear that he’s one of those unhappy with his playing time. Cancelo will offer even more in the final third, and his acquisition should be seen as adding more to our armoury. It gives us more options and angles from which to attack and makes us less predictable on that side of the pitch; if Mahrez/Bernardo receive the ball on the edge of the final third, the opponent would have to consider an under/ overlapping Cancelo, a ball inside for de Bruyne to cross, or the wide man delivering it or taking it inside himself. Even thinking about those extra options will be mentally draining for defenders.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.